Happy Birthday Elvis

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I just noticed something wildman said and though I would make this thread.

Happy Birthday Elvis

Jimbob

2. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

I think you may have to SHOUT that birthday greeting or dial REALLY long distance, since ol' bloated, drugged-out Elvis took the Big Dirt Nap 28 birthdays ago. :D :cool:

3. Jimbob1989

:rolleyes: Jimbob typically late for the party.

Jimbob

4. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

There was much much more to him then that...............if you can't say something reasonable, then how about keeping negitive thoughts to yourself ?

5. Jimbob1989

If you feel so strongly, why not tell us something new?

Jimbob

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. MGD

MGD Registered Member

[MOVE]Happy Birthday Big-Guy!![/MOVE]

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Jimmy B,

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish. You finally found out my true identity.

Play on, big elvis

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Long live the King - uhh-huh :cool:

One heckuva musician.

10. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    All shook up? ;)
    Gotta admit he looked like an angel (@first) but then became a devil in disguise...
    Don't get stepped on your blue suede shoes/toes, Rainwalker:)

relax man,
    slam:cool:

11. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

I didn't seek to offend, but merely to make a joke about a VERY public figure whose narcissistic, self-indulgent, gluttonous lifestyle has given rise to much parody and satire over the years. He was an extraordinarily talented entertainer who was given to excess in everything he did. His life was an assortment of contradictions. He could be both kind and cruel to those around him. His generosity was as legendary as it was unpredictable.

BTW, I was an indirect recipient of that generosity as a young airman stationed near Las Vegas 35 years ago. Elvis was in his "comeback years" as a wildly popular Vegas entertainer. Having never forgotten his days as an Army draftee in the '50s, he would donate some of his show tickets to the special services unit @ Nellis AFB. I twice took advantage of his largesse. Though I was never the rabid fan of him that some were, I never forgot what he did. And he put on one heckuva show.... :)

;) ;)

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well I can honestly say Success never went to my head, I'm glad to say, I stayed exactly the same as I started......Unsuccessfull.........worked for me...I never had to bother with more Women than I could cope with, I never had more Money than sense (Well, just the odd occasion), I was never asked to appear at Vegas or even Cleethorpes for that matter, so unsuccessfullness was pretty easy for me....and whats more I'm still alive to tell of my failures......which is nice...... :D

I remember the first time I heard Elvis on the Steam Radio in the 50s... the only words that any of us understood was 'Oundog'....when the music stopped we looked at each other and said "What did he say?" and "Who the H**l was that".....Ahhhhh! those good innocent days before RocknRoll turned us and our feet into crazy things.....I blame most of it on 'Little Richard'...I almost burst a giblet trying to sing like him......... :D :D.....Still, we can still sing along to the old good stuff (and know all the Words)....what will the poor S**ds of to-day be able to sing along to in 50 years time, and have memories of....... ;)

Co'RnR'chise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.