Hangs with Laptop

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gbaron, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

I am testing to see if ti is compatible with a new laptop and using Version 10 Home.
    I use the full version option as the safe has no usb.
    I am trying to backup to an external USB drive.

It hangs at various points. Mostly the analyzing partition or trying to enter the backup file name.

When it does get past that and i click proceed to do that backup it hangs at this point ALWAYS and the hardrive in the lap top does not spin and the cursor is stuck!
    NOT TOO USEFUL :)

The exact same disk works fine on my desktop.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, gbaron

Welcome to Wilders,

Have you tried the Safe version, you might get a surprise and find it work. :doubt:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

I have tried the safe version but there is no USB support there and therefore the external drive is not seen.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Just so we're on the same page, when you say "the exact same disk works on the desktop", are you referring to the disk in the usb enclosure or the True Image bootable CD (which some also refer to as a disk).

5. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

I am referring to the bootable CD. It works fine on two different desktop systems but utterly fails on the laptop.

6. DwnNdrty

Are you using any wireless devices on the laptop? If yes, try without them. Likewise disconnect all usb devices - including the usb drive, for now, and see if the problem persists.

7. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

There is a built in wireless but of course since windows is not running it is not running.
    If I do not have the USB drive connected then it is a useless program so there is nothing to test. There would be no place to put the backup as there is only the one hard drive. It MUST run with the USB connected. Without it connected I can get to the place where I tell it what drive to use for backup but I can usually get that far with it connected.

The hang that stops everything is the hang that occurs after I tell it to proceed with the backup, the last steps.

8. dougeeebear

dougeeebear Registered Member

If I have the hard drive connected when booting up with the rescue CD, it hangs.

But this works for me:

- Boot with the bootable rescue CD.
    - Select the full mode.
    - After it completely loads up and is at the screen where you select backup, recovery, etc, before selecting an option, connect the USB hard drive.

Then when I select an option, the HD shows up and is accessable.

9. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

That works to get the drive but it still hangs at the proceed and I am on version 10.

10. DwnNdrty

I know that. This is why I said "for now".

11. gbaron

gbaron Registered Member

I tried your test and I can get to the pint of choosing a place to put the backup. I choose the now recognized external USB drive but it still hangs when I tell it to proceed.

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello gbaron,

If not already done, try the acpi=off noapic (watch the syntax!!) workaround as detailed in the Acronis Support thread titled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST>.

If that doesn't work then best you collect the required info and raise a support request as per the above mentioned thread.

Regards

Menorcaman

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gbaron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure the Bootable CD is created using the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build and booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as Menorcaman advised did not solve the issue, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.