Hangs when clicking "My Computer" to browse to anything

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrewMeister, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrewMeister

BrewMeister Registered Member

Hello all,

I've used TI 8 & 9 for some time with little or no problems on my WinXP Home system.

HOWEVER, for the past month I have had a nasty problem that I've been unable to resolve. TI9 build 2337 starts as normal. When I ask to perform any task, the analyzing partitions dialog goes by, and then one of the next dialog box shows the "MY COMPUTER"; MY DOCUMENTS" "MY NETWORK PLACES" etc, when I select any of the small + signs next to any of the entries, for example the + sign next to the "MY COMPUTER" entry, the program goes busy and hangs, I have to "END TASK" the program to get out of the situation. To date - I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the latest version with no improvement.

BTW I've only previously imaged to external USB hard drives. Never to a network or CD/DVD.

I've also downloaded and attempted to create an Acronis Report, that program hangs the same way at the same screen.o_O? HELP!

I've submitted the DiskMgt screen shot, and the SysINFO.NFO files via a support request [Acronis #485313] this morning. And I've searched this forum for a clue as to what is the problem.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrewMeister,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check your mailbox. I've sent you a letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. BrewMeister

BrewMeister Registered Member

Hello Alexey,

Thanks for your response. However, no joy.:(
    Please check your mailbox, I've sent you all the info+ that you asked me for.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrewMeister,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Unfortunately, I was ill for some time and therefore unable to proceed with the investigation of your issue. However, our support engineer Denis Kurochkin has already provided you with the instructions. If disabling\uninstalling the antivirus software does not help then please reply to Denis's last letter and he will certainly proceed with the investigation of the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.