Hangs during protection of Firefox 2.0.0.11

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nahata, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahata

nahata Registered Member

hi,

i'm running SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 on Windows 98SE, with Firefox 2.0.0.11.

it protects fine for IE and the 2nd one (i believe "Restricted Sites). then it can't do a thing for Firefox, and it shows up in the Task Manager as "Not responding".

i also run avast! AV v. 4.7 Home Edition, and Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2 Release Candidate. i have SDHelper installed, but *not* TeaTimer. Immunizations are also set. i had had problems with Spybot 1.5.15, til i uninstalled it and installed this current one. i don't know if this affected the working of my SpywareBlaster, as it had been working fine the last time i used it.

any idea why this hangs?

thanks.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. nahata

nahata Registered Member

thanks for the link. the thread helped a lot.

i thought i'd try to run SpywareBlaster one more time, and see if it eventually finished. i had reinstalled SpywareBlaster at some point today, too. anyway, the "enabling protection" finished for Firefox finally! it just took 10 minutes or so.

that's an incredibly long time for that to run. however, according to the thread, Javacool is planning a fix for it in the future. so i'll either tolerate the long protection process every time, or else disable the Firefox protection until the next version of SpywareBlaster.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

You're welcome and as u mentioned, this issue will be no more in the next version of SWB. :)

snowbound

5. Doctor_Who

Doctor_Who Registered Member

Duh, , , Spyware Blaster 3.5.1 is older than my socks, so when can we expect a new and revised version?

This delay with FF is noticeable on my super fast PC running either XP-Pro or Vista Ultimate, but on one of my clients 98/SE PC, it's like "Forever". They were so irritated by the delay that I had to just remove Spyware Blaster to pacify them.

The delay didn't used to be there..... so I'm just wondering "What's Changed"?

Anyway, thanks for a great little program.

The Doctor :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.