Halting problem

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by JuhaL, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuhaL

JuhaL Registered Member

Hi guys!

I have funny PC. Sometimes every program tries to terminate each other....almost. Seriously...here I have a part of ProcessGuard log file. After series of processes my pc halts and it must be restarted with power switch. Can someone explain that new feature in my pc and what really had happened in case as follows:

9 Oct 00:38:04 - [P] c:\program files\windows nt\accessories\wordpad.exe [1056] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

9 Oct 00:53:12 - [EXECUTION] c:\winnt\system32\ssstars.scr with commandline c:\winnt\system32\ssstars.scr /s was ALLOWED to run

9 Oct 01:01:11 - [P] c:\winnt\explorer.exe [1100] tried to gain TERMINATE access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

9 Oct 01:01:46 - [P] c:\winnt\explorer.exe [1100] tried to gain TERMINATE access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

9 Oct 01:11:43 - [P] c:\program files\windows nt\accessories\wordpad.exe [1056] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

9 Oct 01:29:29 - [P] c:\program files\windows nt\accessories\wordpad.exe [1056] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

9 Oct 01:33:54 - [P] c:\program files\windows nt\accessories\wordpad.exe [1056] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [864]

Not sure if this is PG thread...

This happens when: I normally use some programs (winamp, firefox, wordpad etc) and when I try to open one more -> pc halts.

I have wondered something in function of Firefox. I thought that it's slightly unstabil....

I uninstalled TDS Execution Protection. No results. Could Winamp mess my pc? Could ramdisk mess my pc??

W2k, PG, WG, SpywaBlaster, avast av home, Outpost Filrewall Pro in use.

All information is appreciated!

More specific data will come when needed!

Best regards j.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Juhal, Can you tell us what your operating system is and what version of Process Guard you are runniing please?

Thanks. Pilli

3. JuhaL

JuhaL Registered Member

Hi Pilli & Co !

Windows 2000 Pro
    version 5.0 (build 2195: Service Pack 4)

Process Guard v2.000

j.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Juhal, If you have a registered copy of Process Guard, please go to the members area and download the Public beta of version 3 as I think it may address your problems as it now uses an enhanced learning mode.

Ensure that you disable PG then uninstall using the uninstall found ith the Start - Programs - process guard - uninstall

After reboot delete pghash.dat & pgurd.dat from your windows\system32\ folder.
    Install the new version, please note that learning mode stays on for two reboots to ensure your protected processes and system processes, also select the general tabs that you require before the second reboot. This should ensure the protected list programs get the correct allows.

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  5. JuhaL

JuhaL Registered Member

Hi Pilli!

Thank you for your reply and clear information!

Curious with that new PG!

Good bye at this time, I must hurry to download my new copy of PG... :D

Let's keep in touch,
    j.

6. JuhaL

JuhaL Registered Member

For now looks good!

Public beta of version 3 runs smooth; no conflicts, no halting, no hassle!

PG is backbone of my security system, and it has saved my bacon for several times - so it's surprising to see progress happen at this site to make good product even better!!

Thank you DCS guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.