Hacked and other issues

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Zaza, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaza

Zaza Registered Member

Hi everyone...im new here and new to technology in general. I need help. I really really need help.:( First, i have to say im very sorry as im not sure where to post my message so i went with anything that came up and just replied. Im so sorry. :oops: Secondly, i think i've been hacked. I dont know what to do. I was chattig with this girl frim Australia on the ICQ thing and all of a sudden, everything went crazy. (According to her, she was also hacked..she contacted me the next day to explain why she disappeared from the icq all of a sudden while we were chatting)The "browser' thing(im not sure if you call it a broswer its just the thing where i can see the pages thats what im trying to say atcually) went nuts and like over tens and twenty popped up on my screen. I cant log in with my old icq anymore. :doubt: The next day, when i switched on my computer, the antivirus that i have was disabled. I dont remember isabling it as im quite paranoid about this virus thing.:( So i had to enable it all over again. Then, i read somewhere in the net (after this incident i searched for "what to do if i've been hacked) that if ive already been hacked, the antivirus will post likes like yes its being enabled and the firewall thing is enabled etc. Oh My God! :'( I really dont know what to do now. My whole life depends on this computer. I have mentally ill mother and aparaplegic uncle that i take care of at home and i hardly get to leave the house and this is my only way to connect to the outside world. Im only 32 and this is about all the life im gonna get.:'( Please somebody help me. I would like to at least be able to buy things on the net without any worries or being afraid that my credits number will be stolen and i would be in another mess:'(

Thank you ...
    Zaza

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2006
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Do you have a Windows installation CD?
    Mrk

3. Zaza

Zaza Registered Member

Hi Mrk,
    Thank you sooo much for replying. I really appreciate it. No, i dont have an installation cd but i do hae this one that was given by the dell people it says "re-installation" and there's so many of them i dont know which one is which:'(

4. Zaza

Zaza Registered Member

Also, i forgot to mention, there are all these lines like double underlines under some words(random words, nothing significant e.g world, time, food etc etc and they all link to some page if i click on them). I didnt use to have this before. Does this mean anything? Omg please somebody help me :'(

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I think you're infected with the bezaza-worm.01

If I were you, I would go to any on of those websites found on this link downhere:
    http://asap.maddoktor2.com/

login to one of them and post an HJT Log .. read the instructions on the manuals (mostly those are topics that sticks = stickies)

cause probably you are infected and some bad component into your system is trying to connect to those sites from inside your puter .. Brrrrr ... :)

just post one of those logs and I bet any dedicated spyware fighter would be honored to clean your system!

best wishes,

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

As he described, he is a complete nobe and depends much on his PC, I don,t think we can be ever sure that his Pc is malware/ hacker free by any means. Mu suggestion will be to backup ONLY the most necessary data and then a format with reinstakll of windows. Then to add some good security. He will need a router, an easy to go softwrae firewall( ZA free I think), a good AV and an antispywrae. HIPS i will not suggest for him as he is just an average user.

7. Zaza

Zaza Registered Member

:doubt: Thank you Aigle and Infinity.i really font underdstand what is going on. I already have mcafee antivirus thing and also wat is hjt? I went to the website and i dont exactly know which link to go to..there are so many of them :doubt:

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    The best thing you should do is to reinstall and start anew. However, you do not have a Windows CD, so this step cannot be done. In that case, you should indeed try one of the spyware-removal sites, like spywarewarrior.com, and post in the malware removal sub-forum.
    Mrk

9. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Zaza,

You mention Dell supplying several cd's, any of which might be labled "for re-installing blank operating system" and/or a "utilities" cd? The other's would be for application's, including possibly a separate virus/firewall one. What is the particular OS we're discussing here (Win2k, XP, etc ...)? Please also tell us the exact Dell model and about how long you've had it, TIA.

I'll include a page that would explain where Infinity was headed as most sites that process HJT log's have specific instruction's.

GF

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will suggest first to look for ur CDs, sure there will be one recovery CD, if u have that then it,s easy just insert it and reinstall all system( after making a backup of course). Others users of Dell PCs will tell better. In my toshiba, it is very easy, just a few clicks nad my laptop is formatted to facctory condition with all Os and drivers installed. If so with Dell, it will be pretty easy. After that u can install Antivirus, firewall, and Antispywrae. But I will suggst a router as well.
    If u don,t want to go in these details, u can try another easy thing.
    Just download SuperAntispyware free edition from here

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

and do a scan and see what it finds. May be just some spywares. Also do a scan with ur Antivirus( McAfee) or kaspersky online scan.

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

11. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Do a few scans first, Spybot, Adaware, Ewido. Once you've done those in safe mode, post a HijackThis log up at a dedicated forum. Global Force's gladiator site looks promising. I refer most problems I come across to them or TomCoyote. And their training procedure is quite rigorous.

12. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Seems like a good plan - might be worth trying prevx to see if it can clean any extra bits

13. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I wouldn't advise prevx1 for the simple reason that Zaza is new to these things. Prevx1's popups while cleaning out bad infections can get quite frustrating at times. [I tried cleaning out a few computers this way with a HijackThis and Prevx behavioral blocking.] Scanners are less... how do I put this... annoying. :T

14. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Still think it is worth ago - prevx support are helpful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.