Guys...I am confused...help me

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Firecat, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

:D :D :D ROFL

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

ME TOO :D

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Watch out 'chise! The boy's-a-gunnin' for us! We's jus' shakin' in ours bootz mizza Firecat!
    Where's Ed when you need him? How does he phrase it 'chise? "Hey Buck, How's it feel to shoot an unarmed man!" :D

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Nope!.....Jimmo and Firecat......I don't do Freudian typos....it's as I typed it.....just go with it, it'll be less confusing......it's what you might call a Non-description....just to explain it a bit better.....The Mother of the guy who talked with a Limp, used to be a Window Cleaner down a Coal-mine.....have you ever had a go at Swan Upping?...... :D

Cochise, :cool:

5. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

~dizzy from shaking head~

~stomach ache from laughing WITH Cochise~

~sneaking away from this thread~

6. Firecat

Feeling sorry I am...

7. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Not to change the subject, but I got to say I dig this avatar, looks quiet a bit like our male cat (Jack).

Thanks
    wildman
    :cool: ;)

8. Firecat

How can one be a Window-Washer in a coalmine? And what's a Swan Upping?

9. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

nice avatar Wildman

10. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

It's obvious to me that you have never been to British West Hartlepools on an August Bank Holiday Thursday, when the Shops close at Noon ready for the Big Event, all the Men wear gaily coloured Feathered pantaloons and a Bladderstick of (regulation diameter), and all the ladies wear a Smile. It must be in one of your 'Old English Throttle Games' History Books at School surely.

11. Marja

Thanks Wildman! Looks alot like my cat too!! :D

12. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Here I is Buckster!

I've had to lurk a bit cause I couldn't get to my own puter. You and Chise have done a Yeoman's job keeping sanity in the forums. It's kinda hard for me to type in my laced jacket. The kid said he was confused. Duh! Hell, who isn't. Tell him to wait till he's 40. Mortgage, car pmts, alimony, taxes due, tuition, mothers-in-law, passle of younguns, bar tab, mistress (or two), and so on. All he has to remember is "a Duckel saved is a Duckel earned".

If anyone can understand this post there is another jacket available at "The Home".

Home is whatever room they lock you in, big ed

PS I'm heading for my gazillionth post. Maybe the Admins. will take note of the superb quality of them and award me an honorary PHD in inanity.

13. bigbuck

Get in line Ed! :D

14. Marja

Yeah, today it is the more quantity you have in your quality!! We are still trying to figure it out! Without MATH!!

I will stand back for the masters! :D

15. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Uh, It's kinda hard for me to maintain my place in line w/all these straps and chains holding me down. Then the younguns step on me and get to the front. I don't get no "Respect". Revenge is sweet though!

Lying in wait, big ed

16. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Rubbish! You just regained it, old chap :D
    chin up and keep ruling those waves, mate

regards,
    slam:cool:

17. bigbuck

Maybe it's 'thinks with a limp'? ;)

18. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Good to see your 'keeping up' Buck :D ;) .....and I think Dear Ed should have a medal for sheer 'Inanimity'......welcome aboard Me Hearties..... :D

19. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Sir: I am humbled beyond comprehension to have my name mentioned by you in a post that includes The Buckster. I will always do my best to keep to the highest standards established by you and your cohorts in delivering badda bings when ever and where ever they are deemed necessary. I will also strive to keep seriousness at a minimum because life is just too darn short. I would like to impart a quote from one of your very own that pretty much says it all.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender." (Winnie C)

I can't remember if this was uttered in The House of Commons on 4 Jun 1940 or after a football match between Man U and Arsenal.

Your loyal servant, big ed

20. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Wow! ed....as I read through your quote from our Man Winston, I found myself humming 'Land of Hope and Glory', quietly at first, then rising to a rousing Crescendo.......'Yanks' for the memory..... :D :D :D....Then I finished with two choruses of 'Halls of Montezuma'.....I feel so much better now... :D :D
    I feel happy to know you are here in the Trenches by our side.....Stalwart and Strong.....

21. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Anyone who can visualize the time in which these words were uttered and listen to the speech will, if they are not made of stone, react as you (and I) did. Of all the individuals that rose to the challenge Ole Winnie is on top of the heap. Son-in-law did two tours recently w/Marine Intelligence (was that an oxymoron) in the bad place so I spent a lot of sleepless and teary moments till he got safely back. The USMC Hymn played on my puter startup.

All seriousness aside..........I relish being in the trenches but I would appreciate it if you could get BB to pick up some of his oversized empty beer bottles..............there must be at least 150 Duckles worth of returnables. It's reassuring that ammunition resupply is not necessary as the offending parties always seem to just hand it over.

Play on, big ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.