GUI Crash

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Hotep, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

I have been having a problem with the GUI constantly crashing since V5 eset ss and that issue still exists with the current V6 beta RC. I have submitted a ticket and it has been almost 3 months and have yet to hear from tech support regarding a follow up regarding this matter. Last I was told that this seems to be an XP issue and it is HIPS related. I can attest that it is in fact something to do with HIPS. If I disable HIPS in V5 or V6RC the issues of the GUI crashing goes away.

Can someone with ESET please follow this up as my license with expire soon and I do not want to renew if this problem is going to carry forward into V6.

Thank you!

2. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Anyone?? Marcos??...Agoretsky?? o_O Deafening Silence o_O

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your tech support contact issues.

Though, remember that it has been weekend. But it's early Monday morning soon in Europe in a couple of hours. So i'm sure you will get an answer during the day.

4. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Thanks! I will keep that in mind and "TRY" to remain patient. It's becoming rather difficult lately as this issues is been ongoing!

Thanks again SweX!:thumb:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've asked our support guys about handling tickets pertaining to v6 beta and they said you should have received a reply within approx. 3 days. What subject did you use so that I can check if your request arrived fine? If you are able to reproduce the crash, please provide a dump of egui.exe by running Task manager, right-clicking egui.exe and selecting "Create dump file" when egui crashes (the error must stay on the screen while generating the dump).

6. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the response and inquiry! My original case # is as follows: Case 853250 - GUI and Outlook crash‏

As soon as the GUI crashes again I will send a dump per your request.

Again I do appreciate your response!:thumb:

Cheers mate!

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It seems that there was some correspondence between you and the US support who asked you for a SysInspector log. Afterwards they sent you one more email which remained unreplied. The weird thing is that all requests from beta versions should be routed to ESET's HQ in Slovakia and not to ESET, LLC in the US. Please let me know how you contacted Customer care so that we can find out why you were routed to the US.

8. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

I originally submitted my customer support request via "help support within ESET SS. From there, correspondence occurred by email using the same case # and email.

The origin of this issue for me is with V5. After the GUI issues went unresolved I uninstalled V5 and installed V6 Beta RC to see if I would continue to have the crash issue (GUI). Once I became aware that I was still having the issue (V6), I replied via the original email and case # sent. Maybe I should have not linked the two together and sent my trouble with V6 by another method?

Sorry for any mistake on my behalf. I hope I have made things a bit clearer now?

I love ESET and I just want the darn program to work on my computer!:)

Much appreciated Marcos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.