Guest's Sign On's??

Discussion in 'polls' started by hayc59, Sep 25, 2004.

?

Guest Sign On?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jzkruzzn

Jzkruzzn Guest

Been readin all this, seems subject is gettin away from itself, no one said members are better, I get ansers just as good as I am. Like this place but, not
    fightin. What happens if no more gests? boring! ;o

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Although I can see the merits of having some guest posting, I think requiring registration encourages people 'just passing through' to put a little more thought into what's being said. If what you have to say isn't worth the small step of registering, perhaps you should consider whether it's really worth bringing to attention.

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

i think its time to bring this back to the top!!

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Why? What happened, tho, I think I know? :D

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I think the guest's should be able to read the post's but not able to post until they register.

bigc

6. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

BigC, now thats a great idea:)

7. bigc73542

It might be a hard sell but I think it is a good idea. ;)

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Don't worry Marja, you didn't miss anything. Open forum is still a welcome invitation to those in need of assistance,
    one that avoids imposition and fosters trust.

I'm glad Paul still feels that way....... :D

GF

9. Well, well........this is really something........a bunch of wannabe "privacy advocates" wanting to lock out guests at a privacy/security forum......some of you posters should hang your heads in total shame......
    These posters who want to lock the forum.....what have you contributed to the battle against privacy lost or security......I don't recall reading or hearing of anything.....where were you 10-15 years ago when there were just a handful of REAL privacy/security advocates doing all the work.....cause I sure don't remember any of you......when this forum had just a couple of hundred members I don't recall you encouraging people to visit here..............know what I don't recall that any of you did anything.
    Let me make a suggestion to those who want to lock down this forum.....how about you just pack up an go somewhere else.....cause you did't EARN the right to complain about one damn thing.....an if you can't tolarate a few "bad "posts then just go into a closet and lock the world out.......your failure to be able to cope with world is your problem...not anyone elses.........how dare you even think that you have a right to refuse help to innocent people .........THAT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING THIS FORUM HAS BEEN ABOUT ........an if the admistration decides to begin collecting names..e mail address and other info.....hey I'll gladly leave and never return...what next..start charging visitors who seek help.......or charge members to join..........maybe reject a new member because of the color of his skin.....or the country he is from.......maybe reject all females........maybe reject all males
    My suggestion.....move on elsewhere.....an let the rest of us live in peace.

10. During my last short visit to this forum...this topic was started.....I found it so disgusting that I left.......an not very much regret returning.....which should make a few of you happy......
    Well...I'll be leaving again very soon.......perhaps when Paul Wilders returns ....then I'll consider returning....

11. TYPO CORRECTION:

**an not very much regret returning.....***

should read

** an NOW very much regret returning**

12. After my last post I sat quitely thinking about whats happening here.......

Well guess what.....LOCK THE FORUM TO GUESTS.....go for it.....its of no concern to me anymore.......

TheSnowMan Guy

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While the debate could go on and on....there are numerous reasons Guest should be registered before posting....just as there are numerous reasons for Guests not to have to register. As it is now....the Admins have chosen the course to let ALL post....regardless of registration. This can be a good thing or on some days this can be a bad thing....just like it can be a bad thing even when some registered members post. All the site asks is to follow the TOS and the rest can be sorted out in the appropriate manner.

This also is nothing more than a poll started by a member asking for opinions. If and when the Site owner chooses to make a change to posting policy at Wilders....I feel certain it will be done only after great consideration.

Until then....those that wish to remain active at Wilders as contributors....whether they be Guests or members....Please do so. For those that wish to leave....leave and be done with it.

14. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

TheSnowMan, I take your opinions
    seriously all the time because I respect your veiws.
    This is not a cerified poll sactioned by Paul.Its bascially a way to vent when some jack-off comes here and asked for cracks[warez] all night long and disreupts the fluid flow of operations!!!
    Now to my point, please do take some things I say with a grain of salt,in regards to this issue!! This is just my opinion and that is all.
    Like I said before and I will say it again. Forums that I Mod at do not tolerate this kind of behaviour just for the fact of having to clean it up all night long.
    You/Me everyone gets carried away some days and put on paper what we think
    and its not always true to the heart[heat of the moments]
    I know you dont really mean what you say. So I will take it with a grain of salt and move to the next phase
    G.

15. TheSnowMan

TheSnowMan Guest

HayC59

An yes I have great respect for you as well........in fact, I have no bones to pick with anyone at this forum.....in fact....not long ago you explained a situation to me....I respectfully stop posting...only in respect for you.

An no...I am not upset...not at all........so lets talk...

BUBBA....you have an opinion......the right to express that opinion....its of the same vaule as that of a member or guest.....EQUAL!!! You are a moderator......not an admistrator......you have no special right to advise anyone to stay or leave....if you think you do....take your own advice...

The admistration knows me well....I am not a person to begin confrontations...in fact, recently I ignorred several flames directed at me.....I kept the peace...........

Gordon I understand your points......what I fail to understand is what appears to be a couple of moderators trying to force their views on others.....I am a member of this forum.....an have a right to express my thoughts....an no one is going to force their thoughts upon me.........
    I am more than willing to move on.....but understand this ....I abide by the TOS.....I respect those who give respect in return.....I do not kiss butt.....an if any moderator here dislikes that......tough!

16. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Guests just sometimes can really try one's patience.

And it's not guests participating in vigorous discussions where reasonable people can and do have viscerally divergent views. It's carpetbomb trolling where the point is not to have a discussion, or even just stir the pot, but to knock the pot off the oven and kick it around a few times.

The vast majority of guest postings are very welcome additions. Infrequently there are some issues. The question is whether you deal with exceptions when they happen or try to account for them beforehand. Frankly, I flip-flop on the issue, jumping between the two extremes, but at the end of the day I tend to come back to the idea that the routine aspects of your life simply cannot be controlled by exceptions, be it the occurrance of lightning strikes, car/plane accidents, or trolling during the late hours.

There are a number of regular guests who make very positive contributions here. They have their reasons for posting as guests, and I'm not about to second guess them. I'd prefer not to lose their voice over this type of issue.

Blue

17. HayC

Please take note that I had posted that the subject was no longer of any concern to me.....that was the end of the matter as far as I was concerned......

18. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Now thats fair enough and I will always have you back!!
    As far as the mods are concerned here I think its just a matter of
    they are tired of cleaning up after such a childish endeavour as posting just to be a 'jerk'[case in point, last night]
    I dont think and I dont speak for all[just myself] but no and I mean no one wants you to leave here!!
    You are good folk and your postings speak for them'selves.
    Here is a little ditty for you
    Happy Halloween
    [font=COMIC SANS MS, HELVETICA, ARIAL][size=+2]Bell Free Bats[/size][/font]
    [font=COMIC SANS MS, HELVETICA, ARIAL]Frankenstein went shopping to see [/font][font=COMIC SANS MS, HELVETICA, ARIAL]What the cost of black bats might be.
    He wished them to dwell
    In his Halloween Bell.
    He now has bats in his bell free. [/font]

19. For those not awear...I am a member of this forum and have been for many years..........I arrived here by invitation from Paul Wilders....Paul is awear of why I post as a guest........

20. TheSnowMan

TheSnowMan Guest

HayC

This may come as a surprise....I actually like most all the mods here.....its un-fortunate that I bumped heads with BigC a couple of times..when actually I very much like BigC.........

Its almost normal for people to defer in opinion in a forum like this.....but honestly I don't dislike anyonme here.........I give an apology when I am wrong.....and stand my ground when right......soimebody just can't accept that......an let things go...........

21. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you wish to view my post in that context that's your business not mine. My post above was made as a member....plain and simple. I also was not advising....I was simply making a comment as a member. A member that very much enjoys what Wilders has to offer and the contribution by many of it's Members AND Guests.

While you may wish to view my comment concerning...."For those that wish to leave....leave and be done with it"....as advise....I'll set that record straight right now. As a member....I do not wish for anyone that does not want to be here to remain and if they want to leave....leave and be done with it. They need to quit all the crap about wanting to leave....I'm going to leave....I'm out of here ....and simply move on. Perhaps after they do....If they do....they'll come to the realization they want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Simple as that.

22. TYPO CORRECTION

***soimebody just can't accept that......an let things go...........**

SHOULD READ

*** some people.....................

was not ment for or direct at any one person........

HayC......see..I go out of my way to keep the peace....no desire to offend anyone...................

23. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Well Bubba is a moderator and so as a member, I choose to favour Bubba over a guest.

Jimbob

24. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

During the course of following all the posts with regard to this rubbish, which is neither a Poll or resembling anything of any consequence.....I have come to the conclusion that the two 'Trolls' and I choose my words carefully, arrived at Wilders with the sole intent of dropping a couple of 'Acoustic Mines' in the Harbour then sat back and waited for the reactions, And guess what, they achieved exactly what they intended, simply to cause as much disruption and argument as possible.......OK, Mission accomplished....
    What I don't understand is as soon as these people Post, anyone with with half an eye can see exactly where it's all going to go....sooooo....why does anyone even bother to answer the Post......No answer...no reaction....No Troll......makes sense to me.....

As you will have probably noticed 'Stoneheart' is now Stonedead.....

May I also add, with all due respect to all, as I said in another sequel to this Thread, I don't care whether peeps come here as Guests, Members or dressed as Father Christmas, it's not important, what is important is that you come with Good Will and Friendship and a willingness to abide by the RULES of the Owner, surely that's not too much too ask is it?.....

Just to finish, and please don't take offence because I can assure you none is intended and I don't wish to be personal in anyway but may I ask you a question Jimbob 1989?....would the 1989 allude to your birth date and would the 'Illness' you suffer from be called Puberty?.......just a thought!

Cochise, :cool: ( Who loves everrrrryyyybody)

25. bigc73542

SnowMan I like reading your post's also and if everyone thought the same it would be a boring world. So a little diversity in thought here is a good thing as long as it is fruitful and doesn't turn into a flame war.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.