Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Cycloid Torus, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @javacool
    I'm just getting to know your software. SpywareBlaster 3.1 has many fine features. I especially like the way it loads sites into IE.

Since I have been running XP as a single user, I had left it as administrative. With the script exploits, I decided to limit this in IE within my old user account.

I opened a new "limited" account and started up IE. No sites restricted. I started SpywareBlaster and it seemed to be saying I was protected. I don't think it was truthful. I found that I needed to uncheck and re-check in order to get it ready to enter the "bad" sites list into my new users browser. Then I asked for and got "protected".

Hope I haven't wasted your time and that this is useful. I tried search, but didn't see any prior art on this.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Mar 10, 2004
    hey :D

spyware blaster has alot of "Current User" settings (restricted sites for example) 2 get full protection u have 2 install spyware blaster on each user account,

regards :D

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Feb 9, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Never a waste of time - I do believe that Javacool appreciates all the feedback he gets here. I do think that MCT has hit the nail on the head in regards to installing per user account in an XP setting.

Anyway, welcome to Wilders and be sure to take a browse through all the forums if you've got the time, you just might find something interesting - we've got lots :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.