GSS Error Message

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by tayres, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tayres

tayres Guest

When I turned on my PC today, GSS did not start and I received this Ghost Security message instead:

Error: Access violation at 0x7C91084B (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated.

I rebooted and GSS started normally. Is this a problem? Is it an anomoly? Or something else?

- Thanks.

2. f3x

f3x Registered Member

Those error are some of the oddest in computer world.
    Basicly.
    EITHER

1- Your ram have a very little corruption that result in this error
    You may never see this error again concening gss.

2- Your computer was in a state that prevented GSS from doing something it should. This state is the combinaison of the state of the different hardware / software. Again ... this should not happen often.

3- I am completly wrong and i made a bad guess ;)

In any way it's not directed directly to GSS.exe ... it could be any program but it happened to be gss. You should not see this error often. If you do see it often then the problem may me more severe.

3. tayres

tayres Guest

Thanks.

The message has appeared three times now in as many days. Simply reboot and no more problem... until another day.

4. tlu

tlu Guest

I suggest checking your RAM with Memtest86 from http://memtest86.com/

5. turion

turion Registered Member

Either your mem or harddisk is experiencing some errors. Test your mem like f3x and tlu suggested and see if you can find out anything about it.

6. tayres

tayres Guest

Memtest86, run in the default mode for 11 hours, showed 0 errors.

7. turion

turion Registered Member

It seems many people is experiencing the same error as you. Not because of Appdefend or any software is causing the problem. Most of the time it's related to hardware problems. Since your memory is working fine then i suggest the following: check the temperature of your system, the error could be caused by overhitting. Take a look at your heatsink and see if it's clogged with dust.
    Clean the fan as well if it's covered with dust.

Let us know if this solution solved your issue.

8. tayres

tayres Guest

Unfortunately, the message appeared again today, although I'm able to run GSS from the Start Menu without a reboot after I clear the message. The CMOS setup utility shows the current CPU temp is 62°C/143°F, and I see no problems with dust.

Why would you rule out a problem with GSS?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2006
  9. turion

turion Registered Member

Try changing your account password

10. QuinnK

QuinnK Registered Member

Don't know what your processer is, you didn't post any info on your setup... but 62 deg C (alt+ isn't working for some reason) is not a great processor temp, particularly if under a light load.

Take care... Quinn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.