Grrr Prevx uninstalled itself

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pling_man, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegr

pegr Registered Member

This applies equally to users of the free version who get the benefit of an early warning system, and who can then decide on a remediation strategy in the event of infection. Prevx gets the benefit of a much larger user population from which to gather intelligence, which also benefits licensed users.

I've always assumed that one of the reasons why the free version is offered in the way it is - i.e. full detection but no blocking for an unlimited period - is a deliberate decision on the part of Prevx to exploit the natural synergy that this creates for the benefit of Prevx, licensed users, and users of the free version.

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. On my own PC I'm on an admin account with UAC on, and when I try to uninstall there's no UAC pop-up or Prevx password request, that seems a bit to easy for me. Though your right that users can do anything they want under an admin account anyway.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days. Baz, in all fairness to Prevx, in your statement above, you could replace the theme directed at Prevx with Kaspersky and it would fit perfectly. Seems to me there was a certain little issue with Kaspersky , I wont talk about, but the reality is, it was no different.

Prevx makes an outstanding product and to even remotely imply their Quality Assurance responsibility is off, is wrong. Joe and the group have done a very good job and I know I myself, trust in them 100 percent.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.