Group Server Network Scan

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ennis, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ennis

ennis Registered Member

It seems that when I have Group Server installed, it more or less continuiously, and automagicaly, scans my network for other servers. By continuously, I mean there is a burst several times a minute, for hours.

This of course, panics my network/secuirity collegues - who immidiately see this as potential virus activity (and want to boot my "very important" server off the network, etc.).

I'm assuming that this is related to the network scan. At boot time, Group Server also pins(*) the processor at 100% for a several minutes.

(*) pins is an under statement - it's more like it beats it over the head with a folding chair, and then puts it into a figure-four leg lock.

How can I turn this *feature* off (other than uninstalling Group Server)?

2. millerja01a

millerja01a Registered Member

Just to pop this post to the top...we're seeing the same behavior in our VMWare ESX hosted TI Ent 9.1 test server. Lots of IP scanning if we allow the group server service to run.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

TIA

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ennis and millerja01a,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please set the startup type to the "Acronis Group Server" service in the Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Managment -> Services and Applications to "manual"? In order to do so please right-click on the selected service, select Properties and choose "Manual" for the Startup Type. After that reboot the computer.

After that the services start only when the group task starts.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.