Group Server Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mademan, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mademan

Mademan Registered Member

Hello,

everytime I try to ad in the management Console a Computer in the Group Server enviorment, I get a error from the Group Server Service which says "GroupServer.exe caused an error and has been closed". The Management Console gets the error "E00010000: Internal Error" and quits.

All the Acronis Software is equal in the version (8206) and I also did a reinstallation of the server without success.

The server is running with Win2000 Prof. (which should be enough for backups) and the OS is also up2date.

Thanks for any help.

Martin

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mademan,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Most probably you haven't completely uninstall Group Server before updating to new version. Before updating to the latest build of Acronis Group Server it is recommended to completely uninstall the current one.

1. Uninstall the existing version of Acronis Group Server from Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs;
    2. Remove the entire Group Server folder located by default at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\GroupServer
    3. Invoke Windows Registry Editor by clicking Start -> Run and typing regedit. Remove the registry subkey GroupServer at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\TrueImageEcho\Fomatik\Plugins\GroupServer
    Open the downloaded .exe file of Acronis True Image Echo (latest build). Right-click on the Group Server module and extract it. Install the extracted .msi file.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Mademan

Mademan Registered Member

thanks for the standard information, but i fixed it by installing windows xp on the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.