GrooveMonitor.exe Office Enterprise 2007??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Elijah5, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elijah5

Elijah5 Registered Member

Does anyone have any clue what the application GrooveMonitor.exe which :eek: appears to be installed after installing Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 is? I have no idea what this thing does....and it sucks up a bit of bandwidth - not enough to alarm me, but enough for me to wonder what it is? Anyone know?:rolleyes: :-*
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Elijah5

Elijah5 Registered Member

Dude? This is installed when you install Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. Please tell me what GrooveMonitor.exe is...thank you....
  4. mare833

mare833 Registered Member

GrooveMonitor.exe belongs to Microsoft Office Groove 2007, which is a peer-to-peer program aimed to facilitate business communication and collaboration for small groups. It was installed with your new Office Enterprise. If you don't want it to run, simply kill the process in your Task Manager. You can also prevent it from running at startup by going to Start -->Run --> type 'msconfig' --> OK --> click 'Startup' tab --> uncheck the box next to GrooveMonitor.

For more information on Groove visit:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/groove/default.aspx?ofcresset=1
  5. staticmaker

staticmaker Registered Member

Man you're an admin! Why would say there's malware when "groovemonitor is part of office 2007"? Don't mean to sound like i'm faming you.......
    keep up the good work.
  6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Exactly. I have it on my machines. Just not exactly sure what I am going to do with it. Fascinating concept though.

Pete
  7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

My error and apologies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.