Gromozon - How Goes The Battle?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tobacco, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I've been following this thread with much interest - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136452

It appears to be not only nasty but changes more frequently than Bigc changes antiviruses!:blink:

What i would like to know is how effectively can Antiviruses deal with this malware right now?. I see Prevx has a removal tool but is it just for the Rootkit part?. Sophos seems to be trying to stay on top of it. How bout the rest?. Any comments here especially from the people associated with the Malware Prevention Products would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. rothko

rothko Registered Member

i've been following the same thread here at Wilders too, and also this one at dslreports http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16769641~days=9999, which is a bit of a mess, but it's interesting to see the screenshots from jotti/virustotal uploads of the latest gromozon threats. Doesnt make great viewing for most of the AVs really, though some seem to be doing better than others if you can believe the results from these online scanners.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As questions similar to what you are asking have been commented to in that thread....I'll ask that We continue with the ongoing discussion in that thread. Feel free to ask these same questions in that thread if you wish so as not to have duplicate discussion threads ongoing.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.