Grisoft's new site launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by minacross, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

nice looking one :)

Edit: Grisoft

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

a nice improvement on their web site.

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

an improvment on there website but not on there product lol :D

4. minacross

minacross Registered Member

AVG7Free, you know, not so bad not good :rolleyes: ;)

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well...One should never judge a book by its cover. Similarly one should never judge AVG by its website. :D

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Oh no we don't need to judge it performance by it's web site. look and make your own judgement here

7. chaos16

sadly to say avg doesn't passa alot and can't remove alot compared to other Antiviruses.

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Look at KAV. Looks humble. Seems humble. Performs super :D

9. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I have to put in a plug for AVG. I was first introduced to AVG when it was version 5, I think. I used it until only a couple of years ago. Back in the old days, I spent half my online time prowling warez sites looking for programs. AVG was stopping viruses and other things trying to get into my machine on an almost daily basis.

Then, a few yrs ago, I discovered Wilders and learned that, supposedly, AVG wasn't all that great. I purchased Kaspersky which, according to the members here (in those days) was the best available. My machine was clean.

AVG doesn't do well in the various tests but in the real world it does seem to do what it's supposed to. In fact, in the past couple of years, AVG does appear to be doing a lot better.

I stay away from warez now, by the way. Nothing they offer is worth the risk that comes with it.

10. chaos16

ye go Kaspersky lol :D

11. TAP

TAP Registered Member

AVG is not that bad.

AVG has continuously certified by ICSA Labs and passed many latest VB100% awards that means AVG can detect ITW sample 100% at the given time and the program working without false positive and no glitches, no less no more. I don't understand why we have to look back to the beginning of VB100% award and count the VB100% logo to judge quality of the products.

ITW sample is related to something that still circulating in the real world by The WildList's definitions and methodologies so then why we get back to the beginning of VB100% in order to judge the quality of today's products except you want to use it as marketing tool. But I seem to don't see the leader in the market such as Symantec uses the VB100% awards logo as its marketing tool at much or Panda that even doesn't participate in the VB100% test but we know that Panda is a very good antivirus solution. :D

In my opinion, ITW sample test cannot reflect the real quality of an antivirus solution in the real world, the world today is under attack by many malware that is not listed in The WildList and seem to not tested by ICSA Labs and Virus Bulletin. ICSA Labs and Virus Bulletin are something like institute that tells you what products meet the standard or minimum requirement but not tell you what is it in the whole stories.

It's like we know that Kaspersky is the best to protect against all possible type of malware even it not the leader in VB100% test. But AVG is the different story. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  12. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Let me say it again loved AVG 6.0, AVG 7.0 SUCKS.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek:

13. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've been a Kaspersky user off and on for the past few years. I have strayed to AVAST, Antivir PE, and tried others, but always come back to Kaspersky. I haven't tried the latest AVG 7 so can't comment. I liked version 6.

The drawback to Kaspersky 4.5 Pro is resources, and I'm on a computer 1.3G Athlon and 512RAM. I set my scans for times I'm not doing anything because it takes so much resources. Still, I like the 4.5 setup, I'm used to it, and I'll continue to use it at least until this license runs out.

As for AVG, if I didn't have Kaspersky, I wouldn't feel outgunned using it. I'm sure version 7 can't use any more resources than kaspersky 4.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.