GreenBorder Performance

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bill Stout, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toasale

toasale Registered Member

GB reminds me of some of my girlfriends prior to marriage - wants to look you over each time it's launched and "cold" and, also wants lots of food.

2. Bill Stout

Bill Stout Registered Member

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

How is it with Boclean and Spy Sweeper..

4. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Say what you want, it works. I have used it for awhile and it leaves nothing left over. That is really all that matters. Also I hear it will work with IE7. Good work Bill, it was just what someone needs when the kids start surfing all over the place.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the thing is if you use greenboarder when your kids use the pc they will be able to surf anywhere they want and wont learn the lesson that they are not ment to go to the sites. its a cop out really. its better to teach your kids whats right and whats not. sure green boader is eaiser but they then dont learn.

lodore

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

That is where Blue Coat K9 web protection comes in and is really one more layer of spyware protection. Geez lodore, you can only teach a 10 and 12 year old so much. They want to go to all the sites their friends do, and I dont mean bad ones. But even the ones they frequent have popups and who knows what else. It works for me and that is why I like it.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Would you say that our friend Lodore does not have some teenagers in his house??:D :D

Jerry

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I like lodore a lot, but have no desire to know what is in his house, or PC.:D

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

your right i have no kids lol.

but i learned the hardway and used to try and find crack keys but now i have learned my lesson and now only go on safe site and go over board on secuirty.
    and thats also why im here.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well scratch Greenborder. Got up this morning and Antivir was wrapped in green, it also kept my scan from running and I am not keeping anything that messes with my AV. So Boclean and Ewido stay with Antivir.

12. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Well, I bought greenboarder yesterday never tried it. Just went on what you guys said and bought the 2 year and 1 year update cost $64.89 total. Well after trying it that nite and some of today after work, I have to say I don't like it. So I wrote the company asking for a refund threw the need help ticket. I don't need a 30 day trial to see what its about, I thought it slowed down my pc, also that a issue with foxfire browser was there too. I'm not saying the product is Junk.But it wasn't what I was expecting.....

13. Bill Stout

Bill Stout Registered Member

OOoh, sorry for missing these posts!

We haven't run Boclean through a full QA compatibility test yet.

Spysweeper 4 and 4.5 work fine, but 5 does not. Since there's an automatic update to 5, our installer checks if Spysweeper is present and prevents installation.
    _____

About Antvir...

AntiVirus programs run in normal (real)space, and sometimes you can also launch another AntiVirus process inside the GreenBorder environment. Through task manager you should be able to see two instances of Antivir running, one in realspace, and one within GreenBorder. If you reset GreenBorder the AV process running inside GreenBorder would disappear, but not the AV process running in realspace.

_____

About Refund...

You should not have a problem getting a refund. I think there's one or two things our guys will ask for (something receipt-like).

I am collecting info on where GreenBorder Pro didn't meet expectations. I'm thinking we need to do more usability studies, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards at the moment.
    _____

What GreenBorder does is it really protects the PC from programs (system calls, files and processes) running in GreenBorder. Those programs might open content (pages, downloaded files) which contains malicious code, and the code may attempt to leverage the program running it, such as a browser or IM or Office programs or music downloaders or Bit Torrent other programs you run inside the GreenBorder environment. We officially support IE, Firefox, and programs which open downloads. Other programs may run, but have not been QA'd, meaning that programatically saved and protected songs or videos or archived messages may be saved in an area which disappears on reset.

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

At age 12 I was pure as the driven snow. But I drifted...:cautious:

15. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Theoretical you are right.

Regrettably, practice is different.
    Despite of all wise lessons, kids remain curious.
    And at the moment their curiosity is going an undesired and harmful direction, GreenBorder can provide a kind of defense layer to limit potential damage.;)

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

but then they dont know what would happern if it did cause damage.

and you wouldnt have the fun cleanup:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.