GreenBorder Corporate v3.0 - beta testers needed

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bill Stout, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Stout

Bill Stout Registered Member

Hello All,

We have a beta version of GreenBorder Corporate available for test. This is a centrally configured version for departmental use, with configurable whitelist for trusted sites and networks. This opens Internet Explorer, IM (Yahoo, AOL, MSN), and Outlook attachments in a isolated virtual session until the environment is reset. This protects your confidential information, logon credentials, and system from attacks which may not trigger AV or Firewall defenses.

From marketing,
    “GreenBorder’s patented technology brings a new approach to online security. It creates a “virtual session” within users’ PC that combines application virtualization with extensive security to uniquely protect for users’ Internet Web, IM, and email activities – automatically and transparently.
    GreenBorder insulates files, data, PC internals, and corporate networks from users’ Internet browsing, instant messaging, and use of files received via IM, Outlook, the Web, and even USB sticks. No matter what websites users visit, what links they click – or what documents, files, music or video from the Internet they open – nothing can get in, steal files, spy on their online transactions, or attack their PC and the network behind it.”

WildersSecurity members who are want to influence the development of our GreenBorder Corporate product for the small to medium business environment, can sign up for our Beta program at the following link:

http://www.greenborder.com/registration/betasignup/wilders

We want to hear it all – likes and dislikes, bug reports, compatibility, and/or performance issues, etc. Tell them "Bill" sent you and the team will take good care of you.

We plan on accepting ~ 100 GreenBorder Corporate beta candidates and are currently most interested in those who will be able to provide us with beta feedback over the next 3-4 weeks.

Note this is a beta product to which we’ll likely add additional features and support prior to release. It doesn't solve everything. It is meant to compliment existing protections in place. I need feedback from you on what it needs to support and if you can find a way to break it.

If you know of other colleagues who would be interested in joining this beta program, please feel free to forward this info on to them, or ask them to contact beta@greenborder.com.

Thanks,

Bill Stout
    (proxy for) GreenBorder Beta Program

Are your desktop/laptop protections keeping you safe? Find out with our Online Test at http://www.greenborder.com/test

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Bill Stout

Moderator - Not sure if a call for beta testers should be here or another section, please move if it should be elsewhere.

Bill

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´m sorry but I can not even install GreenBorder Pro on any of my virtual machines, I get some kind of errorcode, apparently I have to make some changes to my registry, this sucks, but good luck to you anyway. ;)

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hopefully the uninstall issue with leaving remants in your application data folder have been resolved, so you dont need to do a reformat.:eek:

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Bill, thanks for the heads up. But in future, don't write the "from marketing" part:D

6. Bill Stout

Someone - OK. :) That's an internal battle I'll have to resolve (oops, they're reading this...).

Trjam, please PM me or email me (I just added 'bill' as an alias at greenborder.com, that would be important to know more about the circumstances.

Rashreed; We're using Parature for our support ticketing/forum system. One of the things it doesn't do well is direct URLs. However the installer checks registry permissions for proper program operation, and if registry permissions been tinkered with, the installer quits.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.