Green Latern well DCS bow to the Masses

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

o_O if the goverment passes green lantern threw now that its ready will you have to do what usa says and have tds ignore the new trojan?

it sem since it national security i would imagine companys not bowing dowen wont be able to sale there software in usa do to national security.

i know you guys are from somewhere else how does effect dcs company its software and its ussers

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Blazie, What is green lantern? I guess it must be some sort of spyware, do you have a link?

Wayne has always said that DCS will detect all the Trojans that they can, government or otherwise.
    The USA does not make international law but you are correct in saying that they have a very big commercial stick :)

Cheers. Pilli

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

:D Pilli.. I think he's referring to FBI's Magic Lantern.

IN THIS THREAD

Cheers, TAS

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: OMG YOUR RIGHT I THINK IT MAGIC LANTERN

but it looks like it has been called lots of names in the past.

but now that its a reality it offichial name is magic lantern

i dont know dcs has taken a strong stance in the past but bush has alot of power and influnce

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

green??

why not red? :D

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

If it is a RAT or worm with a keylogger payload, TDS's heuristics would probably see it but even more likely Process Guard would stop the keylogger dead, unless they used some sort of very advanced rootkit that no one else know's about.
    Remember that the checksum security list would also see if a fundamental system process was changed and you would be notified.

Having said that if the security services could "persuade" MS to put it in an update :eek: it may take an hour before someone blows the whistle :D and another few hours before someone breaks the code and works out a patch for the patch. :)

I'm no expert on these things but I am pretty sure that DCS would just add protection in PG against wherever the thing tries to hook into?

Rambling... Pilli

7. swampthing

swampthing Guest

Well the US government does have nearly unlimited resources to develop a new type of keylogger, but a drawback to their high security is only a select few will have any input into the project. While we have the entire internet community to work on it. Thankfully we have such a great team over to DiamondCS to help alleviate the situtation. ;)

8. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Why not BLACK
    :rolleyes:

9. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

One of the benefits of working out of Australia is that we aren't bound by US laws or restrictions, so only an Australian court order would prevent us from adding detection for any particular sample. I can't imagine such an order ever being heard in court let alone granted and executed, but even if such an order was made in the US it wouldn't affect us.

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Correct. However there is talks going on at the United Nations about international regulations of the internet. I do not know at what stage these talks are in, if formal agreements have been signed or what. I do remember seeing article on this somewhere.

11. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Once upon a time, in the world of men, there was a thing known as the old world order.

12. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

you must forget that whole trojan,spyware idea of that agency,
    they have tested a lot with those things,and are very active on the Internet
    but in the end all trojans/spyware can be detected.
    If it can be detected it will, and like Pilli wrote, then there will be a patch for that soon.
    I don't think it is possible to create a trojan/spyware that can not be detected.
    You must realize that there are lots of people that sniff all incoming and outgoing traffic.
    So the data must go to a trusted IP (like MS, i refer to updates etc. here), but that company has to most critical eyes pointed on them so..

And other way/possibility would be that they will do more on,
    monitoring on the Internet.

But that is known by all of us, and in the newspapers.

So, for me there is little new info here.

There are other options possible today,
    which can give all the info they need.

Like sniffing your networktraffic to/from your ISP
    and even modify a person/target's pc. monitoring satellite data etc.
    tap a (cell-/satellite-/phone) etc.

yes... it is very sad these days if you have something to hide ...

And another thing is that governments in a lots of countries outside
    the USA have other ideas on Privacy and freedom of speech/writing etc.
    positive and negative ...ok :>)

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

But you know probably ISPs are to keep every data to and from any of their users for a long time and on request to send copies of certain users to the authorities, so we would need an outside firewall to cleanse out our privacy somehow so there is no connection in any way to our system, but even a proxy still points in the end to our systems, so whe need an inside proxy somehow. We do have of course as you can have TDS acting as a proxy. :cool:
    I mean: even if you don't have nothing to hide you wished you did anyway.
    But with this it is far more easy to look at ISP level which has all kinds of legal agreements to even be able to be in the ISP business.
    I'm sure if possible DiamondCS will find out something nice for our privacy and protection.

14. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I think Diamondcs will be protecting us against this all.

another question and not meant to hijack this thread (I am definately not spyware) but this outside firewall...

does this exist? I use a proxy and a pacfile and whatever but does this exist?

explain please.

15. controler

controler Guest

Greetings Earthlings

This is funny in a way. Since I been reading again on old world orders.
    So it is funny now how this thread and old world orders are connected.

Rainwalker? are you talking about this?
    http://www.themystica.org/mystica/articles/p/pentacle.html

Blaze? here is a quote...

"Magic Lantern" NEVER happened. I'll be glad to send you the source
    code to "ALTIVORE" (formerly entitled "Carnivore") if you're interested
    in what "Homeland Security" actually DID, and that doesn't work EITHER.
    ISS Security systems got the contract, and they've screwed it up SO
    badly, they've OPEN SOURCED the code in hopes that we and other coders
    would HELP them. Heh. There IS no "magic lantern" (there never was) and
    the REAL "spyware" is covered in XXxxxxx (ONLY) as "VMHS" ("The CODEX")
    who actually DID the CIA/FBI keylogger ... and it's phucking broken TOO.
    Doesn't work either. :)

From the link above you will read about Isis, A goddess worshiped long ago.
    A church in Paris built directly over her ancient temple,
    You will read about all the cults and religons that used the pentacle over time. You will then start reading about all the old world secret societys.
    Don't get freaked out and scared now. If underaged Blaze hehe, be accompanied by your guardian :D

Good luck reading all

Bruce

16. quaduong

quaduong Guest

Probably, it has been recently in the US?

17. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Re: Green lantern well DCS bow to the Masses

Magic Lantern has never been disproved. In fact, all requests by EPIC through the USA's "Freedom of Information Act" have been DENIED on grounds of National Security.

We do know that some sort of keyloggers have been used by the FBI and placed on suspect machines - that is on record in courtroom filings. The Chicago bureau of the FBI has insisted they need not give any information on this keylogger on grounds - again - of National Security.

There is little known about Magic Lantern as all information has been classified. However, nobody can say it does not exist. In fact, why would the FBI respond to FOIA requests for info on Magic Lantern as DENIED/NS if it didn't exist?

The story about the company being awarded the contract, open-source etc. sounds like a classic ruse - a shell game. The United States government would not contract out such a sensitive project. Especially when the best cryptographers and coders in the world work for the National Security Agency just a few miles away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.