green icon if email protection disabled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ProTON, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

All versions before 4.x had green icon in tray if email or web access protection is disabled and turned red/orange only when resident protection got disabled. Now if one of the modules are disabled it is orange.

It would be nice that at least on BE version icon behaviour could be defined in the configuration, because most companies run email scanner on server or web scanner on router, and scanning on user side twice makes no sence.

2. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Is it possible to disable email scanning and not have it turn orange, give warnings, etc.?

I use gmail and don't need email client protection.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Don't disable email client protection, go to Advanced> Miscellaneous > Email client integration and untick the clients.

4. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Doesn't NOD uses more ram/cpu cycles this way?

5. elapsed

No, why should it.

6. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Then I'm wondering what exactly that switch does? Isn't it unloading Email module from memory like in the older versions?

7. elapsed

The email modules are never loaded until the email client is loaded, by following my steps you're telling it not to load, i.e. not to use the memory.

8. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Well at least in v2 email module was loaded with antivirus itself. And client's email was proxied through it. It would be nice to hear from ESET guys how technically this changed in v3/4.

Also, if that checkbox does nothing in v4 as you say, then why it exist at all? :)

9. elapsed

I don't think I made myself clear... I never said the checkbox does nothing. I said unticking it prevents it from being loaded with the email client, if it was ticked, it would be loaded with the email client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.