Greatis: RKU creator up to no good?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Gullible Jones, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From the fellow who created RegRun... this...

http://www.greatis.com/security/Warning_Rootkit_Unhooker.htm

It's a bit incoherent... Perhaps of the author's bad English, perhaps because it's bogus. Not sure what to make of it, at any rate. Can anyone confirm or deny this alleged nuttery?

In the mean time, I think I will stick with Radix... Which, as it happens, doesn't seem to detect any permanent changes induced by RKU. But then, one can never be sure.

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi,

That's a quote from 1 March 2007.
    If I remember me well, it was discussed in the past here (sorry, don't have the link at the moment).

RegRun_W_2010_02_08_1.gif

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Total garbage because of bad feelings towards authors of RkU, that's where I'm gonna leave it, nothing needs to be said over, all fighting talk. Unreal series was PoC made to advance fight against rootkits.

He (Dmitry) in a step to far also rumoured RkU was backdoored. It's not (of course.) Let's not forget Microsoft soon afterwards bought their projects including sources of RkU and employed them.

EP_X0FF and MP_ART are talented coders and call it how they see it, some people just can't get over the truth.

edit: spelling

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. Ah okay... Thanks. Guess I'll be avoiding anything from Greatis then.:rolleyes:

5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Ough, "that fellow" is Dmitry Vasiliev.

For the record:

I do use RegRun.

Malware Analysis blog is here:
    http://greatis.com/blog/

And many, many years ago Root (Ghery, my dear fellow old global mod here at Wilders in those days; does anyone here remember the old days?) made a very nice review about RegRun at the Wilders site. Can't find the link at the moment. Well, that's all light-years away in the past.

Anyway, may I suggest to leave that old discussion about OP posting for what it is. There have been already said enough about it. As far as I am concerned this thread might be closed.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

That would be best:thumb: Nothing more productive could come from thread staying open and subject certainly doesn't need to be discussed over.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

We'll close this almost three year old topic that has been discussed here in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.