Great Program...is it working?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ponnfar, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ponnfar

Ponnfar Guest

I have wondered how the program works. I think the idea of this prog is great. At this point however I have to ask, is it working? I have a firewall and I think that ezula is a part of it, for automatic updates. I cheked to not allow ezula in Spyblaster protection menu and yet I still get ezula detected in a separate internet cleanup program I use.
    Also, I do not see the prog listed in my system startup folder after installing Spyblaster. So if it is working, it ain't working from my computer's memory.
    One more point, I have just done a search for the two "sg...exe"
    files mentioned in an earlier post and I do not see them listed.
    I look forward to anyone's answer.
    Thanks!!
    Ponnfar

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Those files, mentioned in this thread, (sgmain.exe and sgbhp.exe) are related to a program named SpywareGuard - not SpywareBlaster. So you don't have to worry about them being missing if you are using SpywareBlaster.

SpywareBlaster doesn't have to run in the background to provide protection, nor does it need to run quickly at startup to do so. If you open SpywareBlaster and you see that all of the items in the protection list are black and checked, you are protected against all know ActiveX spyware items.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Ponnfar

Ponnfar Guest

Re:Why do I need to have both sgbhp.exe & sgmain.exe running?

WOW! I did not expect a response so soon. I am new here and unlike many fourms, I suspect you adhere ot a standard of really getting back to folks. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that :D
    Why then, am I still getting the Ezula warning?
    Thanks!!
    I have Spywareguard too. Just downloaded it, you see, I am quickly becoming a fan of your products. I think they are brilliant!
    Anyway, I will simply run it once a week. Does it have an auto run feature?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

First, I moved your reply from the other thread to this new one. This thread you created has a much more appropriate title for the questions at hand, which will help everyone find it if the question arises again in the future. :)

You've found a great place - I would encourage you to stick around, and even register if you feel like it. :)

What program gives you that warning? If it is a program that provides a scanning log/detection log of some sort, would you be able to copy and paste the contents here? Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment. :cool:

SpywareGuard needs to run in the background to provide its protection - it should start when Windows starts up (you should see a red "SG" icon in your system tray).

Running SpywareBlaster weekly, to download the latest updates and enable protection for them, should keep you up to date on its powerful protection.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Ponnfar

Ponnfar Registered Member

The name of the program I refered to is "Internet Cleanup 3.0". It is memory resident and performs real time scanning. Note, for the past day (since installation) I have not seen a "doubleclick" notification, which was intermittant anyway so I'll wait a bit before making comment, but I have and still do get the Ezula waring. Unfortunately, since it is a commercial program there is no code I can share with you at this time I have deactivated the Log feature. I will reactivate it for attaching in a posting at later time.
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.