Great deal on Appguard!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Blue Ridge Networks is offering a lifetime license for 3 PC's for AppGuard for only $24.95! You can't beat that! This deal has been going for a while so you better get it while it last. AppGuard is one of the most effective programs I have ever used. It stops almost everything dead in its tracks! Its very light on resources, and never bothers me with popups. It should also work fine with your current AV. -http://www.blueridgenetworks.com/products/appguard.php

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yep, i agree, it is one of th best softwares to be created in a long time.

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

That is a great deal. It seems to be working fine with Prevx as well.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would have to fully agree. I have it running on one machine and it's very light. Even likes my thinkpad.

Pete

5. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I've been running it on my thinkpad too. I use it alone and so far my children have been unable to get my laptop infected with anything. I think it's probably the best security program per dollar out there right now. I would love to see some other vendors use similar technology to bolster their defenses.

6. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Good deal and sounds interesting. My only question is:

Has it stopped anything on your system that wasn't intercepted by existing security measures (i.e., already present on your system)?

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Not on my system. I'm gettting BSODs if I try to have them both installed together. I suspect MemoryGuard may be the culprit because the previous version of AppGuard worked just fine with Prevx. I'll have to do some experimentation and see if I can pinpoint the cause.

8. pegr

pegr Registered Member

As I understand it, AppGuard is designed to stop malware from getting onto the system, not to detect or control it once it is already present and running.

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Whats it like straight out of the box?.Does it work with hips related programs like outpost? or avasts behavior shield?
    ellison

10. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I just went to install it, and Windows alerted to an unsigned driver so i disallowed and removed AppGuard.

Surely that can't be right for a security product, the exe isn't even compiled with a digital certificate and the driver is unsigned?

Attached Files:

11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I am sorry to hear that. I just tested AppGuard along with Prevx for an hour before I had to rush for work... I might experience the same thing as soon as I start testing the combination for real. I'm on Win 7 x64, in case you might wonder.

I don't think Blueridge has gotten the installer signed yet.

12. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Does it mean that buying now we get perpetual license (use forever) that includes free updates for the first year or lifetime free updates?

13. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

It has on one of my computers. I have Prevx with SO on that unit too. My kids downloaded a trojan (I forget which one) and AG stopped it from executing and affecting other processes. I have the heuristics on Prevx dialed down a bit to prevent false positives (actually have never had one with Prevx but that's another thread) so it didn't detect it when downloaded, but doing a manual scan it detected it and cleaned it. AG quietly denied any and all activity for the malicious file.

14. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I use it with SRP at the max setting, Win 7 Firewall w/ outbound, Malware Defender, SpyShelter, PeerBlock and CTM. Until yesterday, I also had MSE installed. Probably would still have MSE but for some reason, after an update to MSE yesterday, one of it's processes continually smoked the CPU. I decided to uninstall it and go back to running no AV. MSE was nice but after the update to 2.0, it implemented some kind of self protection which would install a new service after each update and uses a different unique identifier number each time it does so. With Malware Defender on board, I never could figure out a way to always allow such an action. Anywho, I'm now glad it's gone. After uninstalling, I did a manual cleanup of it(MSE) in the registry, which for some reason had quite a few left over unique identifier services that had not been removed. Each time a new one is set in the registry after an update or by killing the process, it's suppose to delete the old ones, but apparently hadn't been doing it's job.

15. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I thought the 3.0 version is. I didn't get an alert this time I installed it but I did install over the top of the Beta so that might be the difference. I also don't see the warning of it in Event Viewer anymore which tends to lean toward it is.

16. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I installed today, and there was definately a driver within the installation that was not signed!

17. AdamL

AdamL Registered Member

Yep, same here o_O

18. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Eirik told me they are going to sign drivers and executables after public release (at least it was their plans, I also think a security program should be signed itself)

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

and the CC and been brought forth again. :D

20. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I discovered that by uninstalling AppGuard, then installing Prevx, and finally reinstalling AppGuard, I was able to overcome the BSOD issue that occurred on the restart when completing the installation of Prevx with AppGuard already installed.

With the earlier attempts to install Prevx that were resulting in BSODs, I had set the AppGuard protection level to Install before installing Prevx. As the only AppGuard component that is still active in Install mode is MBRGuard, I wonder if this might have conflicted somehow with Prevx which also protects the MBR.

Whatever the cause, it seems to be one of those cases where the software installation sequence can make a difference (at least it did on my XP SP3 system).

21. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I am happy to hear that you finally got the two products working together! They're both extremely light and they overlap areas where the other product don't cover too well!

22. shadek

shadek Registered Member

This 3 license for 25 dollars deal, may I in the future uninstall AppGuard on one computer and install with the same license key on a new computer, never exceeding usage on more than 3 computers? Because in my life-time, I will definitely have more computers in the future. :)

23. cauefw

cauefw Registered Member

I think it includes lifetime updates, at least is what I understand for a lifetime license...

You saw something in their website saying otherwise?

Cheers!

24. shadek

shadek Registered Member

That'd be nice, and no, the website does indeed say it's a lifetime license... and in a normal license updates are included so I'd be quite displeased if someone fooled me to buy this life-time license deal if it turns out it's not. :)

Anyway, can I freely uninstall AppGuard on computers in the future and move the license to a new computer (as during my lifetime, I'll certainly get new computers which are more modern)?

25. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Great question shadek. And one that I too would like answered by folks in the know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.