Graphing Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sunnysdsr, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunnysdsr

Sunnysdsr Registered Member

What software would you guys recommend for graphing purposes? I'm looking for something easy like just punching in the numbers and making a graph. I also need functions like "make line of best fit". Thank you and please reply.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

What type of analysis are you looking for? Simple (X,Y) data set with linear and/or nonlinear regression? You can do a lot of this in simple spreadsheets, if you want very simple. Does it need to be free? A little more detail would help in pointing you in the best direction.

Blue

3. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

You should be able to do that in Excel, and I assume (free) Open Office's spreadsheet app can do that same.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

5. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I've found the Derive 6 product line to be very useful for graphing and other calculus needs. It's quite expensive I believe, but most educational institutes tend to give it out for free for certain classes.

For regression in my business statistics courses, I've found the MINITAB program to be intuitive and easy to use.

6. Sunnysdsr

Sunnysdsr Registered Member

Free or not free dosen't matter. I need simple non-linear and linear x-y plotting software. Free is preferred though :d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.