Graphic card installation

Discussion in 'hardware' started by reevesloh, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

I now wanna upgrade my graphic card to more better so it is u just to discard old graphic card and put a new one then it will automatic upgrade?I never change before so wanna ask some expert^^Sorry to post in this forum:p

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It's proper to uninstall the old graphics cards drivers first...before shutting down. The same as removing/swapping any piece of hardware on hyour system. Add/Remote programs is the place to start, if it doesn't list your graphics card drivers there, go to Device Manager and remove it.

Also before doing all this, I download the latest drivers for my new graphics card..and have the downloaded installation file ready to go for my first bootup. Because on your first bootup, your new graphics card will likely load with some default VGA adapter mode..and your desktop screen will look like it's running in safe mode, low resolution etc..so you don't want to go surfing online to find your drivers like that..have 'em handy and ready ahead of time.

4. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

What card are you removing ? What is your new card ? What is your OS ?

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Since a graphics card can easily be the most power hungry device in your system, it is critical to ensure your power supply can handle the added demands of the newer, more powerful card and that your existing power supply has all the necessary power connections for the new card. Many newer cards require additional power connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.