GPT Manager not working

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by rookey, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookey

rookey Registered Member

Hello,

I've just purchased the GPT manager but there is no difference to the problems I had before accessing my 3 TB harddisk (Western Digital WDC WD30EZRX-00MMMB0). I can still only see 746 GB as disk size.

Windows 7: I can't install the software at all. At the starting screen of the installer, it says "No hi-capacity hard drive found." In Windows 7s Drive Manager, however, I can see the disk (746 GB) and can convert between MBR and GPT format.

Windows XP: here I can install the software, but in XP's Drive Manager it is displayed as "Unreadable" (before the installation of GPT Disk Manager it showed the 746 GB) and only 127,9 GB available size to create a partition.
    In Regedit under the CurrentControlSet key that was mentioned in another thread, I see "PartMgr snapman gpt_loader" listed under "UpperFilters".

I have uploaded the log files you requested to see in another post.
    My Bios is GeForce6100PM - M2 V:2.0.

If the software continues to malfunction, I hope to get a refund... :-/ I really need this disk working and spent all day over it, I just bought your software to finally get this disk working!

thanks,
    r.

Attached Files:

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

@ rookey

According to LOG files, your WD 3TB drive is SCSI. GPT Loader doesn't work with SCSI devices, because of SCSI protocol limitations.

Please try to change BIOS setting: enter BIOS and find hard drives options. Check if AHCI\RAID mode is enabled and switch to Native \ IDE compatible mode. Also check if there is third-party controller enabled (e.g. JMicron or Marvel) and disable it.
    As an assitional option you can try to connect 3TB drive to another SATA or eSATA port to make it recognized as ATA device.

I should mention that after switching from SCSI to ATA GPT Loader won't be needed for your config, because Windows 7 supports 3TB drives itself

3. rookey

rookey Registered Member

No, it is definitely an ESATA drive

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1442/1/

so the created logfiles seem to be incorrect.

Please just refund my money (customer name R..d F..r) as your software is completely useless for me, whosever fault it is. I already changed the 3TB drive to 2+1 as I need to work and can't deal with such troubles, I already lost 2 ful days (!) dealing with the 3 TB drive and then setting up a new Windows installation because your GPT driver f*kked up my system configuration somehow (cold hang during startup of Windows).

thanks,
    r.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

eSATA is just port, but drive type (SCSI or ATA) depends on installed HDD controller with eSATA port drives. Usually HDD controllers drivers from Vendors make drives visible as SCSI, not as ATA.

as you are not interesting in further troubleshooting and did not try my instructions, please contact Paragon Support Team (https://www.paragon-software.com/my-account/support/sendRequest.htm) and ask for refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.