GPT Disk Manager issue

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Sarge99, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge99

Sarge99 Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed a WD 3TB disk with the GPT disk manager software just fine and created a 2.7TB partition and formatted it just fine with and now have 1.5TB of Data on it. All Good.
    I then had to rebuild my Vista machine and ever since I have not been able to get the disk connected again. The Intel Matrix software at startup sees the drive as 746 GB. Windows starts then thinks the disk is broken and trying to do a disk scan. From another thread I found out how to add a drive letter in Windows disk manager as it wasnt being added automatically however that may be because for some reason Windows now thinks its an unformated (Raw) disk. I Have uninstalled and reinstalled the software with no change.

Any ideas as to what I can do to mount this drive. I really dont want to blow away 1.5TB of data unnecessarily.

Here are some screen shots that may help.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The issue with Intel Matrix should be resolved in the latest version of Intel driver (v10.5.0 )

Please uninstall GPT Disk manager (it will also remove GPT Loader driver), restart your PC, install the up-to-date Intel driver and restart again.

Your 3TB drive should be shown correctly.

3. Sarge99

Sarge99 Registered Member

Thanks for this. I downloaded the 'Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility' then the latest 'Intel Rapid Storage Technology' version 10.8.0.1003 and let Vista do a full disk check as it wanted to do (it fixed a few things) then it all worked just fine. Paragon GPT Disk manager is now not required.

Appreciate your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.