Got trial - Two questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulB2005, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

First of all i need to know does Acronis TrueImage Deluxe version 1.0 (build 57) support SATA Drives - see this thread - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=76217 because if not that will explain why the Rescue Boot CD from that version works on my old IDE PC and not on my new SATA PC. (It's a copy that was given away with a magazine and WAS installed on my old PC and was installed on my new PC. If it won't work with SATA drives then i'll put it back on the old PC and maybe get DI8 for the new one.)

Secondly is the trial version the latest build? When purchased do you unlock this with a product key or do you have to download the full version?

Just a comment: I understand you can't restore an image with the trial (would be good if you could do it once or twice to test) but at least it resolves the problem of if the Rescue Boot CD works or not....

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Says who?

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, PaulB2005

I would guess not, if you have some time to do a search for SATA Support, there's lots to read. :eek:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Says the download page i downlaoded the Trial from.

Differences between trial and full version:

15 days trial version;
    Only the full version enables restoring of images of a system partition (click here to purchase the full version);
    Only the full version allows you to create and restore images, and clone disks when Acronis True Image 8.0 is launched from the bootable rescue media (click here to purchase the full version).
    The trial version of this software is intended only to show how the software works and its user interface. It is a limited-functionality demo.

----Just tried it and what do you know the Restore function does work!----

I did and as you say there is a lot. Guess thats why it won't work. Oh well i can put it back on the old PC then and look at buying TI8 for this one...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.