Got me two, trojans with TDS#

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by n0mad, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0mad

n0mad Registered Member

:D

Ok, new operator here, and after running TDS3 a couple of times and it reported two suspecious files in my mirc script directory. I have used this script along time.

At first I just ignored the alerts and then I started using LinkLogger to record hits and outgoing packets on my Router. I started seeing some rather strange outgoing on ports that were going to irc port 6667 from my computer. These alerts, were at times that I indeed was using the script. I found some addons for my script and these were the ones being reported.

I deleted the files and no more outgoing reports. I guess from now on I will not doubt my TDS3, it is indeed as advertised, simply the best!

:cool:

Thanks for a really fine program. Just a rant, but a well deserved one.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello n0mad,
    welcome to the family!
    So that's a hot story! Did you also try Port Explorer to actually look inside the packets being send? You can do so with TDS > Network > Port listen, put it on the port and see what's transmitted.
    You might like to try the Mirclean from the DCS free tools site as well for a highspeed test specificly for mIRC worms etc. TDS will alert on the test file and telling it's a test.
    Thanks for the happy story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.