Got clobbered by W32.Beagle.GM

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by stumped1, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

yes but Sandboxie can help prevent infection from happening in the first place

2. Cretemonster

Cretemonster Registered Member

Something occurs to me....your trying to figure out how to stick your finger in a live socket and not get shocked...correct?

Heh....isnt that like using a call girl and hoping you dont get herpes? :argh:

Point being,I get the impression your trying to figure out how to use some of the apps like sandboxie so you can go do things you know are wrong and hope there will be no consequence to you or your host operating system.

Fact of the world...you play with fire enough...eventually youll get burnt.

Atleast thats the way it works here.....lol!

3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

The case here, my good man, is that an insulating glove that claims to protect against electrical shocks, or a condom that claims to protect against STDs, failed to do so.

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

every time I get an incurable dose of a STD I whip out a copy of Acronis 16 and restore myself. why others don't follow such a simple procedure when it comes to protecting their PCs is beyond me :p

5. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Are you 100% certain? I'm not!
    Also It does nothing if you do get infected as you have no idea you are unless an AV tells you so... So how can you trust something 100% that doesn't know the difference between a good executable and a bad one?

Any box eventually has leaks no matter how tight and well sealed... This is just one waiting to happen! simple as that!

6. stumped1

stumped1 Registered Member

"Because if you are inexperienced you will make that inevitable human error and allow the infection to cross over..."

Which is _____ ??..... :doubt:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  7. stumped1

yes, i know - let me clarify: i got something nasty and i COULD NOT remove it by any means that i knew - therefore (from my point of view) the hacker won.
    I found the files/ reg entries that was causing the problem but couldnt do anything to defeat them. Here's my obsession: it's just code. A machine just does what it's told, nothing more - it's frustrating watching windows give me the finger. So what i'd like to know is HOW do you shut them off / tell the mindless computer "stop process X and do not allow it to run because i say so"?
    Look- someone will beat this; write a few lines of code and win the round. i envy that; yeah i can run a tool that will do it for me but i want to be clever enough to do it myself.
    So seriously folks, can anyone tell me how i do this?

8. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

You cant be serious? :eek:

9. stumped1

Well fwiw i figured out how to do what i wanted by using Process Explorer and IceSword. The key was to kill explorer and suspend winlogon.exe; then i was able to unload the malicious dll and nuke it before it have a chance to install anything. (Well I'M proud of myself anyway....) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.