Got a Problem

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronbo613, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo613

ronbo613 Registered Member

Howdy-I don't know if this is the right place to post this because I'm not sure what's happening.
    When I started up my computer(that was working fine yesterday), it started clicking and beeping while it was booting up. Then the name of the disc drive was changed to "+++++++++". Address bars, search bars, windows functions including notepad started writing plus signs non-stop.
    Virus and Adaware scans don't detect anything, HijackThis doesn't show anything unusual, but I can't run the Windows disc error checking program.
    I got a bad feeling about this, can anyone give me any information while my computer is still running?
    Thanks.

2. hemkop

hemkop Registered Member

but I can't run the Windows disc error checking program.

Hmm, i know that some AV's does not allow to run a Windows disc check,
    so which AV are you using ?

3. ronbo613

BitDefender9 Standard.
    Something is going on other than that. For example, when I went to log in here(using Firefox), the computer began writing plus signs("++++++++++++++") in the user name login box. It does the same thing with the search box, and Windows boxes like "Run"(I tried to run msconfig to see if anything was there). If I open a text document, the computer starts writing plus signs in it.
    I'm going to switch to IE6 and run a Bitdefender online scan. It sure looks like some kind of crapware designed to automatically overwrite stuff.
    Not stoked at all.

4. ronbo613

Lots and lots of trouble, all caused by a bad keyboard. A PS2 keyboard I use just for troubleshooting and installing major hardware, now securely in the dumpster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.