goowy (GUI) - better then Gmail?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Goowy has 2 GB of storage for email, a calendar, personalized content, using Flash as the engine pretends to be a desktop OS - has a Dock, a RSS app, stickies, games, allows reminders, email notifiers and more.

http://webserver002.goowy.com/

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I really like the flash, and I don't mind the quotes. However I wish I could do away with the feeds.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i haven't really used it but maybe if you click on "widgets" or "Options" you can remove the feeds

4. mikel108

It only removes the feeds for that session. When I log back the feeds are there. I have signed in 3 times today, and one the third time it did not load. Maybe you are only allowed so many login a day (?)

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

not sure. all i can think of are cookies. maybe there's a support forum o_O

6. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

Same thing with the feeds reloading after deletion here. It's still in beta...

There's no limit to the number of times you can login. I've logged in 1/2 a dozen times or more trying to get the browsers autologin feature to work. No success as of yet on that front.

Thanks for passing it along, iceni60. ;)

7. mikel108

Yes, thanks for passing it around.

AvianFlux, after it loads, click the desktop icon. This hides everything. Then when you want mail just click the mail button. Its the only way I found to get rid of feeds, and it only stays this way untill you log off.

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i'm glad you both like it :) i had registered but hadn't really done much more, so thanks for reminding me about it, i'll go back and have a better look at it. i like the feeds, if i remember correctly it was a feed from somewhere else that introduced me to the site!

9. mikel108

I am just getting use to it now. I am pass the 50% mark of keeping it. It works great, and its just so cool to look at. The 2gb of storage doesn't hurt either. The big guessing game now is...will it stay around. It really is a great set up, and to offer it free, with only a small tag at the bottom seems strange. The old to good to be true.

10. mikel108

OK. I have the not loading problem fixed (I think). If I close the browser then reopen, it works fine.

*** Wrong, just tried to get in again, and it loaded a blank page. Don't know why.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.