Googles two step verification

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mick92z, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hi, is anyone here familiar with googles two step verification ? I am having trouble with the application specific password part. If you are familiar with this, and would be kind enough to help, I will post all the details. Many thanks in advance :)

2. poison

poison Registered Member

I use google 2-step verification and application specific passwords, I will try to help if I can... What are you having trouble with?

3. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Many thanks poison, thankfully i have sorted my problem. Basically i activated the two step verification on my desktop pc, but i couldn't connect to the server using the Gmail application on my android phone. I had been getting a notification on the phone, telling me it could not log in, and asking me for a password. This was where i was entering the application specific password. I feel really stupid now, as i needed to enter the generated password in the incoming and outgoing server settings on the phone :oops:
    Thanks for offering to help, it was greatly appreciated :)

4. poison

poison Registered Member

Glad you got things sorted. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.