Googlebot

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dog, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

Wasn't sure where to post this ... so I posted it in General Topics. So please move this thread to a more appropriate forum ... if there is one :doubt:

Sorry, for the silly/unimportant question ... I'm just curious about this. :rolleyes: I'm almost too embarrassed to ask ... ah, heck ... I'm never too embarrassed ... :D LOL

I was wondering what a Google Bot is, and what it's function is ? ... I've noticed it in the "User's Online" info at a couple other forums.

TIA ;)

dog - *puppy*

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Go to google and do a search for google bot. Hits galore.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Ronjor, ;)

Thanks ... I guess I was typing without thinking ...it would have made sense to google for it first before posting :rolleyes: :D LOL ... I'm having one of those days ... LOL

Thanks ... I have my answer. ;)

dog - *puppy*

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.google.com/bot.html
    Those are the interneat search crawlers to index whole internet and fill the search engines.
    If you look in the bottom of the forum with the X many users and X many guests on line, you can see between the guests the spiders indexing.
    They feed billions of pages a day, so we can be proud with this forum to be in the top rankings.
    Proof? in google type your user name, you might have to add "security" and you most probably see yourself on top or very high at least.
    So i tell people to google for my jooske security, so the see my "thankyou Jooske thread here (i'm very gratefull if people add there something nice for me! as i use it in my resume!) and they have my email address etc all at hand.
    Your googling for google bots will bring you to many interesting pages!

Mind you, the have nothing to do with the speech bots like Alice for instance.
    http://www.alicebot.org/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.