Google Voice is wild!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So, I've had my wife and some of the children call me today as I experiment with GV. I haven't explored it enough to know all of its features or do I necessarily admit that what I do know is all that practical but it is still impressive! Call my GV number and all of our phones (land line and two cells) ring; if one or more of those phones is busy, the other(s) will ring (could be practical and convenient for us since I don't have caller ID or waiting on the land line); and most impressive (as in cool!), leave a voice mail and it immediately converts speech to text and sends a text message to the cells and a gmail with the message...just amazing!

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

It's got bugs.

For example, if you record a standard voicemail greeting, GV will still play a system greeting when your number is called. I wouldn't trust it for much at this point, but it is a cute toy. Hold on to your number and wait until they iron out the problems. It's clearly not a service to rely on right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.