Google Toobar Notifier - Allow or Block?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pvsurfer, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Just wondering what you guys do with this? Seems to me it could be Google spyware (under the guise of being an important component of Google's Toolbar). :doubt:

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello PVSurfer,

I used Google Toolbar & its GoogleToolbarNotifer.exe for a long time. I only removed the toolbar when I installed IE7. The toolbars in IE7 just won't stay put, + IE7's search box works fine, allowing choice of search engines. The notifier keeps the toolbar up-to-date. IMHO it not spyware & poses no problem or threats to your system.

Take Care
    Rico

ps Do you FAH? See post #16 https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=155367 good song!

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Thanks Rico; in that case I will 'tell' my firewall to allow it the next time it alerts me about the Google Toobar Notifier.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well I really don´t know what´s up with this tool, recently I got an alert that it wanted to "act as a server", I mean this is bad stuff. Google needs to stop with these spyware like activities, this tool is completey useless. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.