Google PREF cookie undeletable in Firefox?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by MrBrian, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Google is too big for its boots period. I just cant believe all the ways it wants to hook into your system as you travel the net. I'm astounded at the ever evolving list of scripts that update with more as you start enabling them. Many are something to do with google.

2. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Well I don't have the thing, just checked. Of course I've had all that safebrowsing stuff disabled ever since first installing FF on this box and making my initial changes to the options. Then went in about:config like I said and blocked it there too, deleting the URL's as well. But it STILL didn't give up, until finally blocking the attempts with my D+/HIPS. Also have all cookies disabled, plus the add-on "CS Lite Mod". I rarely ever have to allow cookies for anything on any site I go to for it to function properly.

But after following some of those links I'm convinced that maybe v27.0.1 is the true "legacy app" version of FF, lol, and not 28 anymore. A person in there claimed that one was able to easily delete that PREF cookie in v27, as if it were any other cookie... but that changed with v28. So that's a shiesty looking move right there in my eyes. If they were willing to make that change with v28, who knows what else they might have done? There seems to be a very clear line between when that former N.S.A. crypto breaker joined the Mozilla team, and shady looking maneuvers to follow. I was keeping an eye out just looking for things, but it ended up being far less subtle than I expected with v29. Hardly need a sleuth to see it.

So sorry "Reality"... but we may have to "downgrade" (but in reality, upgrade) to v 27.0.1 now. lol. After further review it's the last one I'm willing to trust. The last one that said N.S.A. guy didn't get his hands on. I just downloaded it from filehippo, if anyone else is interested in getting it before you can't find it anymore.

3. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.