Google named best place to work in America

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

No Walmart o_O this is an outrage :mad:

:D :p

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

No surprises there.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

"The company says its air quality rivals a hospital rather than an office building"....I'll be passing, thanks. Obviously they haven't been in a hospital much. Another thing, these "perks"..I wonder how many of their workers realize how screwed they actually are being? As was said, it's nothing more than a way to keep them inside the building for as long as humanly possible.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yeah, Anyway I reckon it's like Logan's Run at Google, as soon they hit 30 the Sandman comes to 'retire' them ... :D

6. Hungry Man

Woahhhh, not sure where you're getting your information... but I personally know people who work at Google and it's not "perks to keep them inside" in fact they spend quite a bit of time outside haha I believe Google provides bikes to get around.

Companies have started to learn that giving employees free time and space allows them to come up with better ideas. You don't trick them into staying inside, you give them deadlines and give them the space to do whatever they need to do.

And I think they're referring to a clean room.

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh gee, they get to go outside..on the grounds of the company :D So do prisoners in the Pen, lol. I have no idea whether they're referring to a clean room or what have you, it didn't say. Actually, most hospitals I've been in wouldn't be suitable for a clean room either :D I think companies should give their workers some space to breathe. It's simply not physically or mentally healthy to stay at a desk for 8 or more hours with your email box up and so on.

8. Hungry Man

lol I think via context we can assume they were trying to imply the air was very clean...

Anyways, the people I know at Google are very happy there. Very nice pay, lots of freedom, food provided, video games, pool, an onsite doctor (and I think psychologist?), and just a ton of other things so that you can come to work and stay productive throughout the day.

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes working at Google is nice, vacation everyday :p

Nah seriously. I actually don't think I have read anything bad from anyone working for Google. :thumb:

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

If my current lame work would be anywhere close to Google i'm pretty sure i would be giving a 200% performance. (My current work S%#$" they put pressure on you on everything they can, even on the smallest things and if you fail on one regularly they will fire you with no benefits)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.