Google locks down updating on Play store

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Google-locks-down-updating-on-Play-store-1851695.html

2. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Can't wait to see Chrome on Microsoft Windows Updates.

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

There are bound to be issues any time a company takes action to protect its customers. For me personally, I'd prefer the company simply warn me about such applications and let me decided. I choose android fully aware of the risks of running an open platform.

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

So what if Facebook updates itself? Desktop programs have had auto-updating functions in many of them for years, now mobile apps are starting to. What's the big deal? It is looking more and more like Google wants to be more like Apple and control every single aspect, getting rid of everything that might "hurt" them. In other words, they're becoming control freaks, not that that is very surprising. If you pay even the slightest attention to what you're installing, you should be able to smell a "funny" app before you ever install it, removing any problems of auto-updating. It's only the shady apps that are going to abuse any update features to begin with. The legit guys and gals are doing it for security and/or convenience of the user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.