GOOGLE feels the heat

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by true north, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. llista

llista Guest

Bit too late

Maybe I will even start using them again instead of more privacy conscious searcher engines, like Scroogle, Ixquick or Blackboxsearch

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Re: Bit too late

That Blackboxsearch must be doing something good because it is blocked in my employers computer :D

The reason for blocking seems to be "Proxy Avoidance;Information Technology" I wonder what that means? Maybe that my employers IT deparment cant log the searches?

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Re: Bit too late

Yeah they'll delete after 2 years UNLESS you revisit the site, which will restart the clock. What's the odds you don't return to sites you visit. I'll stick with ixquick for a while.:blink:

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    What so important about cookies? You can manually delete them. Then, if you have a dynamic IP, Bob's your niece. Finally, a simple thingie called CustomizeGoogle will stop all and any harrassment without imparing search capabilities.
    Mrk

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

What if you like to search for strange stuff. You haven't done anything wrong but at some point someone accuses you of a strange crime. They search your Google history back a couple of years and find all your strange searches. The DA will tell the jury "there you have it. What more do you need to convict.":D

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Well, that's not how things work - at least how I see it / where I live.
    Searching for strange stuff is hardly a crime, is it?
    Mrk

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Several off topic posts removed. Please stay on topic.

In addition, avoid any posts that violate the Terms Of Service for using these forums.

9. delta87

delta87 Registered Member

So if Google's cookies can be made useless because of a randomized IP's from one of these third party search gateways, like black box, then why do the sites that show you your IP not show you as black box's random IP? Does the fake IP only work to mess up google's cookies, and not other websites that you're linked to by google from blackbox? o_O

10. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I did a search through blackbox for http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation. As soon as I clicked on the link when it popped up, it showed my real IP. So what's the point? Maybe the initial search term through blackbox doesn't show your IP, but as soon as you click on one of the links that it pulls up, your true IP is there all the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.