Google dropdown tracks erase/how?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wills, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

Just wondered if anyone knows how I get rid of the drop down on my google when I type in a few letters of words that I am searching for. I don't want to erase history as I did that once and must have had something checked off as I was unable to access the files by using the same search words and it really killed me at work.
    I had to use another computer as i had not saved my search sites in favorites and being a newbie i thought that it was fine to clear all my cookies, files and history and what a mess i got myself in.
    now i just want to clear the dropdown on Google which shows my searches.

Look forward to comments.
    Thanx

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Wills,

You didn't mention you're browser (which is separate from Google's "search history")....
    but if it's IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Content and click "Auto-Complete"....select "Clear Forms".

For help with the Google Toolbar which I don't run, look here or Google Help Central.

Feel free to experiment with what's ticked to suit you're needs Wills....
    my history is set to "0" days, all auto-complete options disabled.
    See attachment....

edit - Will, if it's the toolbar....go to the drop down menu - select options - untick the AutoFill box.

GF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  3. Mudd

Mudd Registered Member

What you may be looking for is in Options of Google. Go there and remove the check mark by "Drop Down Search History" in the first section.

Maybe I missed your intent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.