Google Desktop Search

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bunkhouse Buck, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I have used NOD 32 for two years and think it is the best overall AV in existence. That said, I recently installed the latest version of Google Desktop Search. When I run a scan, I get notification that NOD32 has identified two Google files as malware. The reason column states: (probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus).

I assume that since this is the most widely used desktop search engine in the world, that these are false positives.

I have submitted the files to ESET twice and have not received any information. I just submitted a request to support to clarify this issue.

Does anyone has any information on this?

Thanks.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Dang...they had a conflict with Google Search about 2 years ago also...

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Yes, I saw that when I did some research. It is just on the newest build as well. It must be a false positive (I hope), but I cannot believe that no one else has had this problem.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please submit that file to Virus Total (www.virustotal.com) and post here the results? Generally posting results from VT is not allowed here but in this case we'll make an exception.

5. Bunkhouse Buck

It was submitted, and ESET thinks it may be a false positive (as did I) based on an email from them I just received. They are working on it and may include it in new definitions.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have installed the latest version of GDS without a single warning from NOD32.

7. Bunkhouse Buck

I uninstalled GDS and reinstalled it and ran a full scan and nothing was detected this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.