Google collecting kids SSN's

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by elapsed, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-bowdon/why-has-google-been-colle_b_825754.html

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

And? I don't mean to sound uncaring here, but if we've grown to expect Google to do this (and let's face it, just about every other company out there these days) to adults, why is it so shocking they want kids too? Data is data, adults or kids. You think Nickelodeon and Disney doesn't collect everything they can when the kiddos log in to their sites? Wrong, yes, "shocking", "What you're about to read hasn't been reported anywhere, and when it was brought to my attention, I could hardly believe it. "-red-flag, sirens blaring-worthy? Good grief no.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Worse than the companies doing it (Which is not that shocking.), are the parents providing such data. Or, allowing their kids to create on-line accounts without any kind of supervision.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The one factor that gets ignored, no matter if it's computer-related or other areas of life.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dw426, it's even worse for those who work there: Disney workers sue over ID-risk threat

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.