Google Chrome ver4 stable and SRWare Iron 4 not working with Sandboxie 3.46

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dundertaker, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi:) ;

Previously I was doing fine using Google Chrome ver4 stable and SRWare Iron 4 sandboxed. Even made Google Chrome my default browser. Never had problems really but the occasional 5 tabs allowed but it's okay with me. Now after I have just updated to Firefox 3.6.7 and Mamutu ver3 all of a sudden they both won't work in a sandbox. Both would go for long "Loading..." which seems like forever..when opening a new tab would not display right..I mean the thumbnails view..nothing..after which they would crash!

When I uncheck "Force Google Chrome to run in this sandbox(Registered version only)" or "Force SRWare Iron to run in this sandbox(Registered version only)" they are good to go.

With Firefox 3.6.7 / Opera 10.6 / IE8, no problems running them sandboxed. Just both Chromium based browsers.

Is somebody experiencing this also?

What can I do or check to make it work again?

I tried uninstalling Sandboxie 3.46 and reinstalling 3.45 but it still was the same.

Will unchecking "Drop My Rights" in the Settings tab be advisable? I don't want to but I'd like to ask if I do that what is the scenario? I mean what will I miss if I do that as compared to leaving it "checked"?

As mentioned earlier, I have never had problems before running inside a sandbox (both have their respective sandboxes). I also use the tips here at wilders' about the sandbox configuration recommendation of ssj100/andyman35/sully.

I have Avira Premium Security Suite ver10 -realtime (w/o firewall/Proactive) / Outpost Firewall Pro--realtime with IP Blocklist and MVPS host file/ Malwarebytes free / HitmanPro Build 107 / SASpy free / Mamutu ver3(not always on). Sandboxie 3.46 paid.

Please help me on this.

Thank you very much!:)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

No problems here with SBIE 3.46 and Iron5 and Chrome5.
    And ChromePlus 1.4.0.0 (based on Chromium 5) FWIW.
    Time for you to upgrade. :shifty:

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Even I had problems getting Chrome (stable) running in Sandboxie, both latest versions. However, the portableapps.com version runs perfectly in Sandboxie, so that's what I'm using. The downside is not getting the incremental updates via the much-beloved Google Updater, but I'll live with that.

5. Dundertaker

Hi all;

@Cudni:) ;

Thanks for the reply. There was no error message of some kind with Sandboxie. It was only from Chrome and SWare Iron saying they crashed..

Using FF 3.6.8 and it's okay sandboxed. Only the Chromiu based browsers are not functioning well sandboxed.

@LODBrok:) ;

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to Google Chrome ver5.375.99 and I'm using Sandboxie 3.46(paid). Still the same. Still have to download SWareIron ver5. I'll check and get back here when I have downloaded and installed it.

@vasa1:) ;

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to download and check/use it. I'll ge back to you on this.

--

Are there any other things or items I need to check? Say, settings on Sandboxie?

I unchecked "Drop My Rights" in the Settings tab on Google Chrome ver5 sandbox and it's still the same. When it's un-sandboxed it's okay.

Tried to uninstall/re-install all of them again but it's the same...:(

6. Dundertaker

Hi;

Just an update. SRWare Iron ver5.0381.10 now works with Sandboxie 3.46 but Google Chrome ver5.0.375.125 is still the same. Seems like to go on forever then it would crash. All other browsers I have are okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.