[Google Chrome] master_preferences file question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I know there are group policies for Google Chrome, but unfortunately they are only great if you only have 1 instance of the web browser installed, otherwise they will apply to all instances of the web browser. Bummer.

I'd like to configure things like user data dir and other settings, but using the master_preferences file. The file is placed at Program Files, so only administrators can access it, which means its as secure as group policies.

I'm aware of settings like these (-http://dev.chromium.org/administrators/configuring-other-preferences), but I'm wondering if it would be possible to configure the user profile folder, etc? So far, I have found no info that could point me in the right direction. :(

Does anyone know if something like that would be possible? Otherwise, the fine folks over Chromium/Google could implement it. :D

P.S: To clarify, this Chromium/Chrome instance would not be run in a direct way, but rather through Chromium/Chrome Frame, so shortcuts are also out of the equation. I'd like to change the default profile folder to another container, but Group Policies aren't working, because they affect all other installations.

-edit-

This is really disappointing. I spent an entire afternoon searching for it, and absolutely nothing, at all. One would have thought that Google would have such settings for the master_preferences file. It just makes sense to have them. Big bummer. :(

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.