[Google Chrome]: Looking for an extension to prevent TLD redirection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Is anyone aware of an extension that prevents domains from redirecting users to their country TLDs version of those domains?

I'm aware of one, but it only works for Google and Blogspot (-https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nocountryredirect-ncr/ciboebddidackjicoeoiigdnbmchkdll/details).

-edit-

I think I know of another one (with more functionality as well), but I'll report back if that's the case.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Why do you need an extension for that? Can't you just go; Settings >> advanced settings >> content settings >> Javascript-do not allow any site to run javascript, then under Manage exceptions whitelist tld's by: [*.]com, [*.]ca, etc...?

I think it was Hungry Man or maybe someone else who had pointed this out some time ago?

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Not Hungry Man, it was m00nbl00d. :-* But, I think you misunderstood what I'm trying to do. But, I'll try to clarify it.

What I want is a way to prevent, and this is just an example (which doesn't reflect reality, of course), www.wilderssecurity.com from redirecting users to their country TLD - www. wilderssecurity. cTLD. (I want to retain www.wilderssecurity.com)

-edit-

But, I did manage to achieve what I wanted, by using the extension Redirector. Unfortunately, Redirector didn't work as intended. I'm wondering if HTTPS Everywhere would also allow to redirect in such situation. I'm going to try it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Sorry I didn't mean to steal the credit away from anyone :cautious:

From your link provided in the first post...

...which is why I thought the Javascript whitelist option might work, but I guess not.

5. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Thanks for this. Blogspot redirection has been an annoyance at times. I can live with it but decided to give the NCR extension a try - seems to work fine so far.
    I'm still considering whether the annoyance is good enough a reason for me to justify this extension as a keeper. :p

6. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

For this to work, the website you're trying to visit should have support for it via cookies etc. You can't just "force" websites not to redirect, unless if they support it or you use a vpn/proxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.