Google Chrome extension for Site Advisor?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've added SA for Google Chrome to SRWare Iron after someone recommended it to me on the SRWare forums. I have WOT as well but I thought I'd like to compare the two. It seems to be working OK. I'm also not too sure what these two radio buttons are about:

0 ~ Stop loading threat- (Redirect to SiteAdvisor)

0 ~ Continue anyway- (Icon will showup, Default)

Plus, if I visit Seekers Of Spirit with SA in Firefox it gets a Grey rating as apparently McAfee haven't come around to investigate the site yet.

Yet SA in Iron gives it a Green, instead of a Grey question mark rating. The site's fine, I just don't understand the discrepancy. o_O

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. Newby

Newby Registered Member

Stop loading = redirects you to the information site advisor has on this page (safest option), meaning you can't visit the page when malicious rated

Continue anyway = only icon shows the rating, but it allows you to navigate to the page

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, I thought it was probably something like that. I don't know how that works with WOT though. If both of them rate the page as malicious as WOT has a screen which stops you loading the page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.