Google Chrome Error with NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dvation, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvation

dvation Registered Member

I've been playing with Google Chrome...impressive initial release.

Anyhow, had problems accessing my internal SharePoint MOSS 2007 sites with Chrome - kept getting an error:

Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

I finally fixed the problem by disabling IMON. Something about the Internet Connection Monitor seems to make the site connection fail. As soon as I disabled IMON and restarted Chrome, I connected without a problem.

Not sure if this is an Eset problem or Google problem. Maybe a little of both for good measure.

NOD32 2.7 on Vista x64

2. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hi,
    If I can, I would suggest you to forget Google Chrome. This is the biggest key logger in the internet world, purpose is only commercial information collect and I suggest you to read the General Use Condition...
    Regards

3. element119

element119 Registered Member

ditto, use opera

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have just read Chrome's documents (incl. Chrome's Privacy Notice) and Google's general privacy FAQ and I couldn't find direct keylogging described . It only send information about the machine and processes/services (should it crash), as well as searched urls . However , this could easily be disabled.

Excuse me for the off-topic :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.