Google Chrome AutoUpdate Under LUA + SRP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Doritoes, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doritoes

Doritoes Registered Member

Hello,
    This problem has been bugging me ever since I've used Google Chrome and wanted it to autoupdate under LUA + SRP with Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone here has luck getting Google Chrome to autoupdate without manually doing it through the About menu and elevating to Admin. I've checked that GoogleUpdater.exe is scheduled to run every night with Admin priviledges with the Task Scheduler. GoogleUpdater.exe runs every night but it is never able to update anything because I'm not normally logged in as Admin, I use a limited user account as my main one.

Can anyone help me get Google Chrome to auto update without me having to manually elevate the updater to Admin level?

2. Doritoes

Doritoes Registered Member

Oh yeah, an important point: I installed Google Chrome into the Windows Programs directory by using Google Pack: http://pack.google.com/intl/en/pack_installer.html

I'm NOT using the version that installs an executable to the user's personal data folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.